24 / First Kiss?

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

24 / First Kiss? 

"I really wish you guys were here to see all of this," I gleamed through the phone receiver, speaking with my family.

It had been a day since our arrival here on Valentino Island, and I told them about all the adventures. 

After meeting Zack's generous parents, Zack gave us a tour of the island — even though the Valentino's knew the place by heart — and it was just so beautiful. I couldn't help but whip out my camera and take pictures of the scenery. Their island even had a golf course that circled around the perimeter. Too bad I was horrible at golf. 

Nonetheless, the weather was perfect ever since.

My favorite part of yesterday was the beach. The white, luscious sand tickled my feet as Vanessa and I ran around, making up for our canceled beach trip. I guess I couldn't complain now. I was kind of glad to be here. We didn't have to worry about crowded beaches or crowded anything.

The crystal, clear waters left me with amazement. There was even a nearby coral reef which was stunning when Zack took us climbing up a large rock by the shore, getting a perfect view of it.

Mason was on the line and playfully bragged, "Well, the water park was so much fun! We're going again today!"

I countered back jokingly, "Yeah. Okay, Mason. I really miss you guys though."

Pops then spoke since I was on speaker, "We miss you too, honey. You better take care over there."

"Pops, you and Mom were the ones who knew before I did. Don't worry, everyone is treating me well," I answered with a smile even though they wouldn't be able to see it.

All of a sudden, there was knocking on the door. I was currently sitting on the love seat that was placed in my designated room at the Valentino's villa. Their villa was located right in the middle of the island. It was gorgeous and showcased a Tuscan feel in the inside.

The guest room I was occupying was three times bigger than my actual room, and I secretly ran around with all the free space. The bed and furniture was very Victorian. The atmosphere of the room made it feel like I wasn't in a tropical island at all.

Telling whoever to come in, it ended up being Zack's mother, Mrs. Romano. She was very friendly and treated us like her own. Her sweet blue eyes that Zack inherited shined from the sunlight of the balcony door across as she took a step in.

Straightening my position, I grinned.

"Did you need me, Mrs. Romano?"

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Miss Maisie, but Miss Vanessa has been looking for you. She's at the beach."

I laughed lightly.

"You weren't, Mrs. Romano. Okay, I'll be out in a bit. Thank you." 

Mrs. Romano smiled in return before exiting out my room.

Placing the phone back to my ear, I spoke, "Vanessa's looking for me. I guess we're all going to get the day started. I'll call back again, okay? Take care, I love you guys."

After saying goodbye to my family, I placed the phone back to its charger and searched through my luggage for something to wear. Settling with a floral summer blouse and denim shorts, I slid my feet into my pair of strapped sandals and made my way out to Vanessa. 

Walking down the stair steps, I wondered where everyone else was. So far, the visit here was satisfying as a group. Candace wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be despite her attempts to cling onto Bryce with every chance she got. The only ones I was slightly unsure of was Logan and Bryce. Both were keeping their distance, but at the same time, they were trying to talk to me.