17 / Where Loyalty Stays

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

17 / Where Loyalty Stays

Something was definitely weird.

When I came into work today, Manager King apologized for yelling at me. He never took back what he said to his employees. Not only that, but in the locker room were flowers from Candace.

A bouquet of beautiful, red roses with a tiny card that said in her curly-shaped writing: 

I'm sorry for what I did to you. Please forgive me. Let's be friends. 

Love, Candace.

This had to be a sick dream.

However, it wasn't. I pinched myself many times to wake up, even asked Kristen to slap my face a few times — she wouldn't though — and it was all true. Manger King and Candace asking for my forgiveness? It wasn't April Fool's day; it was almost July. So that couldn't be it.

Assuming that Carly forced Candace to drink some potion that made her suddenly nice — though highly unlikely — or smacked some sense into her older sister — I would love to see that happen — I had a hard time believing this sudden burst of friendliness. 

It has only been a day since she made me look like a bad guy.

Ending my shift, I was checking my cellphone and noticed I had a missed call. It was just an unknown number. 

Checking my voice mail, a familiar voice spoke, "H-hey... Maisie! It's A-A-Alec. Um, you didn't pick up... your... your phone. Ha..ha..ha, obviously. Man, what is wrong with me? Uh... so... so.... I just wanted to t-tell you that we're performing at L-L-Lucky House Café tonight at 6. If you're... free... did you want to come and watch us? O-okay... that's all. Oh yeah... if you're wondering... Mason gave me your n-n-number. I hope — err we hope to see you there!"

Wow, I never heard Alec stutter that badly before. 

If I remembered right, he was the one with the most confidence when performing. Nonetheless, it made me release a laugh hearing him. 

Mason, you're dead though. 

Looking at the time, it was 5:15 PM. Lucky House Café wasn't too far so, I'd make it in time. After saying bye to my coworkers, I headed down the elevator. As the elevator doors slid open, my lucky self spotted Bryce and Candace. What surprised me was seeing Logan there too. 

The three appeared to be simply standing there with their attention towards the lobby.

Please not for me.

How I wished I was invisible.

Before I knew it, the doors were about to close on me until I let out a loud yelp, shoving my hand out. My shout caught their eyes, and now my existence was known.

Bryce's annoyed face grew tender when he watched me exiting out the elevators. Candace's cunning eyes were on her bouquet I was holding, and she held a mischievous grin. Maybe I should have just thrown it away to anger her more. However, it was good seeing Logan ever since the time Bryce took me away without a choice. It has been that long come to think of it. 

Logan gave me a friendly wave once I reached the three at a reasonable distance.

Candace was the first one to speak up, her voice was sugar-loaded, "I see you got the flowers, Maisie."

Feeling a tad uncomfortable, I nodded.

"Thanks. You didn't have to though."

"Of course I do. I have to show my love to the needy, right?"