07 | Daisie Gives a Pair of Eyes

• Dedicated to ChocolateWonders

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

07 | Daisie Gives a Pair of Eyes

IT WAS ANOTHER tiring day.

Walking out of the elevator, I released an exhausted sigh. It seemed like all the guests wanted to try out Symphony's Fine Dining today. Rubbing my eyes, I was just about ready to head out the lobby doors until Logan was walking my direction. His attention was stuck on the manila folder he tightly held onto. Serious stuff, I assumed. I smiled involuntarily because I haven't had the chance to talk to him.

Yet, I found myself spending more time with Bryce.

Go figure.

Once Logan glanced up, he caught my eyes. I swiftly looked away before waving him a hello.

Logan approached me, his dark blue eyes looking slightly tired. "Maisie! I haven't seen you around. How are you?"

I smiled and said, "I'm doing great. Just tired because of work today. And you?"

"I could say the same. Finals are coming up soon, deadlines need to be met, a little too much to handle."

"You can do it! You're Logan Valentino."

Logan let out a short laugh. "Thanks to you, I think I can now."

The way his midnight blue eyes lifted as he smiled was really cute, but I tried my best to not let it get to me.

When I was ready to leave, Logan quickly stopped me. "Bryce... he hasn't been bothering you, right?"

Thinking about it, I didn't want to bring up Bryce's fun filled experience he made me go through at the restaurant a few days go. This was his cousin we were talking about—flesh and blood.

Shaking my head, I said, "No, he actually showed me around the hotel when I got off work."

His blue eyes widened, taken back. "He did? Oh okay. When summer vacation comes, we should go out sometime, yeah?"

Assuming Logan meant it as a friends kind of deal, I nodded happily before watching him head to the main elevators. Logan's expression when I told him about Bryce giving me an exclusive tour was kind of questionable. It looked as though Logan was in disbelief. Well, I couldn't blame him.

Now that Logan mentioned it, everyone's school year was closing to an end. My younger brother's graduation was in two weeks.

"Hey, worker. Stop spacing out, you're blocking the way," a voice poked my thoughts away.

Just as I expected.

Bryce Valentino.

Once again, Bryce had his arms folded across his tailored suit in a mocking manner as if he was the big boss.

Wait, scratch that, he was going to be one eventually.

Clearing my throat, I replied dryly, "Sorry, Mr. Valentino, I was about ready to leave."

"Don't talk to me like that. I'm not my father," Bryce said, slightly disturbed.

"Well, Mr. Valentino, you don't like it when I call you Mr. Valentino? But Mr. Valentino, you don't even know my name. So Mr. Valentino, I should continue calling you Mr. Valentino. How does that sound, Mr. Valentino?"

Those icy blue eyes were glaring darts at me every time I emphasized "Mr. Valentino". Allow me to cash in my victory.

Bryce's jaw clenched before he said, "Fine. Daisie, stop standing there. You're blocking my way."