10 / Unexpected Secrets and Invitation

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

10 / Unexpected Secrets and Invitation

Since I was so curious about Logan's hazelnut coffee mystery, I gave him a text if it was okay to meet up once I finished helping out in the market. I knew wasn't a serious topic, but seeing the way Bryce reacted made me think. What made me feel guilty was when Logan replied back, saying that he wouldn't mind driving over to the market instead. It has been a while since Logan had time to spare.

Taking care of Lockhart's Pantry by myself today, a rush of nervousness ceased over me once I saw Logan walk through our market doors. I haven't had an actual conversation with Logan since who knew when. Sure, we would wave to one another at the hotel for a millisecond when we happened to pass by each other. Most of the time, Logan had to keep his mind on Phoenix Empire.

As Logan approached me in his usual business attire, he gave me a smile.

"Hey, how are you? Is your arm doing better?"

Nodding my head, I pointed at my somewhat healing stitches. 

"I'm great! It's become more of an accessory, if you ask me. Thanks for coming here, Logan."

Logan laughed at my enthusiasm. He looked so carefree as his eyes crinkled through his chuckling.

"That's some jewelry you got there. Don't worry about it, I needed to get out of the hotel. So, what's the thing you wanted to ask me about?"

Were the Valentino boys really under that much stress?

Chuckling hesitantly, I asked as I messed with the ends of hair, "This might come out weird — don't think of it like that though — but, do you like hazelnut coffee?" 

Great, with the way I said it, I just made it even more awkward.

Logan's dark eyebrows knitted in confusion and replied, "Sorry, but what makes you ask that?"

I couldn't even look at Logan in the eye anymore.

"It's kind of a long story. When I saw Bryce the other day, I took a sip of his drink, and it was hazelnut coffee. I told him you both liked it, but he didn't believe me. Bryce said that you hated it and to ask you to prove it." 

As Logan listened, he didn't reply, but instead, his jaw clenched noticeably with sudden hesitation. Apologizing soon after, never did I want to make a situation awkward. 

"It's okay, sorry if I made things... uncomfortable."

After a pause, Logan finally spoke, "It's not like that. I'll be honest with you, I really don't." 

My mind went back to that day at Brightside Café. Logan seemed pleased with the drink. Why fake something like that?

Raising an eyebrow, I murmured out of curiosity, "You didn't have to pretend to like it. It's okay to drink what you like."

The Valentino seemed half attentive, like his thoughts were on something else. 

Logan eventually nodded his head and revealed, "I... well, I actually asked Vanessa earlier that day what drink you liked just so I would be prepared when we met up. When I drank it with you though, it tasted decent. But Maisie, I can't tell you the reason why right now."

I nodded back, understanding. No big deal, right? Letting the awkward atmosphere lighten, I smiled jokingly.

"Don't worry about something like that. I forgive you for your horrible lie."