II

Five minutes later, I pull into my driveway to see Janet's car parked in it. Every time I'd see her car in my driveway, I regretted giving her a key to my house.

I enjoyed living alone and worked hard for the things that I had. I loved Janet, but she was a bit of a free loader. She was an out of work coffee shop barista that lived with her mom. Sometimes I felt like I could do better, but I really enjoyed her company.

"Hey J, I didn't know you'd be here." I said, reaching to give her a kiss as I walked through the door. Janet stood about six inches taller than me. She was very thin and sort of had a grungy style about her.

In the four years we'd been together, I'd never seen her put one speck of makeup on. She was a natural beauty though. Her hair was thick, black and fell down below her shoulders in a straight across cut. Her eyes were the most captivating jade green with blue striations running from her pupils outwards. Those eyes softened her appearance, as she was usually wearing ripped jeans with tee shirts.

"Oh, I thought I'd surprise you, Happy Anniversary! Come here..." She grabbed my hand and led me to the brown couch in the middle of my living room.

"Happy Anniversary J." I said, kissing her as she unzipped my skirt and pulled it down to my ankles.

"No pantyhose today, huh?" She asked, as she moved my purple lace panties to the side.

"Not today." I looked down to watch her hand graze over my little patch of hair.

"Oh shit, you're so wet. What have you been thinking about?" I chuckled, not wanting to admit the scene at Paisley Park might have turned me on a little.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just excited about our date." I wet my lips before pecking her on hers. Wanting more, my lips returned to hers as my tongue made it's way into her mouth tainted with the cigarette she'd just smoked.

Janet's fingers made quick circles around my clit before she plowed two of them into my heat making me gasp.

"Get on the couch." She demanded. I pulled down my panties and stepped out of my skirt completely before she pushed me down onto the couch. She sat on her knees right in front of me, spreading my legs apart.

Janet left a trail of kisses from my knee down to my inner thigh, stopping right before my center. She repeated herself with my other leg before taking my clit completely in between her lips.

"Oh fuck, this feels good." I caught myself saying as I pulled her hair back so I could watch her savagely eating my pussy.

Her tongue made its way around my clit as her fingers teased my g spot within. I could feel the intensity on my throbbing bud grow so I let go of her hair and grabbed a hold of the heels on my six inch pumps to steady my legs.

"Look at me." I wanted those bright green eyes to watch me come. When her eyes met mine, I selfishly ignored the fact that they were so dilated I could no longer see that beautiful green but instead the hollow darkness of her dime sized pupils.

"Oh fuck!" I flung my head back looking up at the ceiling fan going around and around. My body got hot all over and my legs began to shake rapidly as I could feel the waves of pleasure hit. "Oh my god, here I come..." As I released, I could hear the wet sounds of her fingers going in and out of me slowly come to a rest.

I sat there for a moment, still looking at the ceiling fan until I built up the nerve to bring it up.

"J, are you high?" I looked back at her, still on the floor, as she wiped her mouth with her Nirvana tee shirt.

She ignored my question and brought her lips to mine in an attempt to make my curiosity in her impairment go away.

I pushed her lips off of me, "You said you wouldn't do it anymore. You promised me you were gonna stop." I looked at her eyes that refused to make contact with mine before standing up.

Janet had been clean for the past six months after a scary overdose that landed her in the hospital for three days. Her family and I went through so much to try and get her into a recover program. It worked well, until now anyways.

"Are you gonna say something? Or are you just gonna sit there?" I grabbed her by the shoulders to force her to look at me.

"I have it under control this time." Her voice shook under the uneasy feeling of my gaze on her.

I looked on as she hit her top and bottom teeth together repeatedly. She once told me she did that when she did cocaine because it made her teeth numb and when she hit them together, she could tell how high she was based on how numb they were.

"What, you high enough?" I scoffed.

"You know what Viv, I don't like that you're always trying to control me." She finally stood up and took a defensive stance.

"I'm not trying to control you, I just don't want to watch you kill yourself, Janet." I continued, "You don't think it hurts me to see you fucking up like this? You're better than that shit."

Her eyes trailed down from mine slowly to my exposed bottom half, reminding me of my nakedness, before falling to the floor. "I just... Ok, I'll stop then." She huffed, as she attempted to walk to the bathroom.

I grabbed her back by her arm and held out my hand, "Give me the coke."

She hesitantly reached in her pocket and gave me a little baggie half full of white powder. I could tell she wasn't serious about quitting. I'd heard that line before.

Her eyes followed me as I went to the kitchen and poured it down the drain before she left to go to the bathroom.

I stood in front of the sink and watched the water run down as I thought about what to do with her. I cared for her and all, but I really didn't want to go through all the rehabs and relapses for her when I knew she could care less.

Part of me wondered if I was the cause for her drug use. She hadn't started using until after we got together, as far as I knew, and now look at her.

I turned off the faucet when I heard the bathroom door open. She looked at me before sauntering on over "So...do you still want to go?"

I hated when she was high, she had a cocky arrogance about her that didn't give a damn about anybody.

My head shot towards hers as that ridiculous question left her lips. "Psh, no." I turned to start walking up the stairs, "I'm gonna go to bed."

I left her there to wallow in her own sense of self worth while I got comfortable in my warm bed. As I could feel my eyelids getting heavy, the light from the hallway ran across my face when she opened the door.

"Can I lay down with you?" She asked, before coming into my room. I was upset, but longed for her comforting touch. So I patted the covers behind me letting her know it was ok. She crept into the bed behind me guiding her arm around my waist.

My eyes refused to close while the silence in the room deafened me. The only thing that ran through mind was Janet and those haunted orbs of hers.

I knew she was awake because she was all strung out and her foot was wiggling but I couldn't bring myself to say anything, then.

After an hour of being shaken by that damned foot of hers my anger within boiled over. "Janet, you're gonna have to leave. You being here is bugging the shit out of me."

I felt her body lift halfway off the bed as she propped herself up on her elbow, "So what, I get high once and you don't want nothing to do with me?"

"I guess so..." My cold tone resonated within the room before she got up and stormed out.