XVI

I showed up at Paisley Park shrouded in a light pink rain jacket and black rubber rain boots. As I walked into the building, I lowered my head. The squeaking of my wet boots across the clean white tile in the lobby made every single head turn, bringing unwanted attention to me. Once I hit carpet, I felt a sigh of relief since it seemed to muffle the squeaks a bit.

Prince's assistant let me into his office. For once, I was happy he wasn't there yet. It gave me time to take off my wet rain gear and swap out the ugly boots for the blue pumps I had in my briefcase.

He soon came walking through the door with a smile from ear to ear. "What happened to the bubble gum jacket?" He laughed.

"You saw me?" My face got red as the embarrassment hit it.

"Yep. Well, I heard you at first, squeaking all over the place, then I saw it was you. You were over there trying to hide that pretty little face of yours."

"How embarrassing." My hand met my face as I tried to hide from him. "I didn't see you out there."

"I don't know how, I was standing at the main desk right there." His eyebrows raised as a grin reached his lips. "It's ok, you were still cute."

He made his way to the front of his desk and leaned on it directly in front of me, crossing his feet. "Can I get a kiss?"

"I thought we were gonna keep things separate." I said referring to our work and non work activities.

"My lines get kinda blurred when it comes to you, so forgive me if I cross them." He puckered his lips waiting for my kiss.

I tried to hide my smile as I stood up and gave him what he wanted. His arms wrapped around me, gripping my ass tightly, instantly turning me on. "I need to go over all this stuff with you, Prince." I said referring to the reports in my briefcase. What I really wanted to do was bend over his desk and have him fuck me from behind, but I resisted any urge to act on it since I was there to do my actual job.

He sighed and released his grip, "Ok, well let's go over it then."

I sat back down in my chair and went over the reports while he blankly stared at me, saying Uh huh every once in a while so I knew he wasn't asleep.

"So, do you have any questions or concerns?" I asked, like I did every meeting.

"Yeah...what are you doing after this?"

The thought of going back home to Janet seemed unappealing, I'd rather be anywhere but there, "I have no idea, but I'm not going home."

"Why don't you want to go home?"

"Oh, Janet's there and I don't know..." I let out a breath of defeat as I slumped back into the chair, "I found a bag of drugs this morning when I moved her clothes. She said they must have been from that one night she got high." I paused, "She really wasn't high, I could tell. But anyway, I told her I believed her, but something deep inside of me is telling me she's lying."

"Yeah, she's definitely lying." He said matter if factly. "She just had some random bag of drugs in her pocket that she didn't even know she had? Come on."

"Yeah, so I just don't want to see her. I'd rather not be at home." My eyes traveled down to his crossed feet as I wondered what to do.

"Well, why don't you come with me? We'll go have a picnic on the water."