X

Panic mode officially set in as I scrambled to decide what I should do. The last message was left at 1:33, I remember looking at the clock when he helped me into bed and it said 2:06."

From my calculations, he was deep inside of me as I shouted out various obscenities and moans by the time it took my parents to drive the ten minutes from their house to mine.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I decided the only thing to do was to call my mom and see what, if anything she heard. Maybe they didn't come by at all.

I took a nervous breath as I dialed my parents number. "Hello?"

"Hi mom, I got your message." I attempted to sound as normal as possible.

The line was completely silent, telling me either her or my dad, or both, got an ear full and possibly and eyeful of their daughter being rammed into the hood of a yellow
BMW, by Prince nonetheless.

My face felt like it was about to melt off from embarrassment.

"Mom?"

"Vivy... I don't even know what to say to you right now. I'm so disappointed in you. Your dad, oh your dad. He's hurt honey."

I sighed, the gig was up, with them at least. I'd kept the problems between Janet and I a secret from everyone except Karen. "Mom, I'm sorry. But there's more to the story th-"

"I don't want to hear it. I didn't raise you to be that type of girl. I'm so ashamed of you right now."

She was acting like I was a kid still, "Mom, I'm 29, with a house of my own, I could do whatever I want on my own property."

"You need to be a respectable woman Vivian, not a whore. How does it make you feel to know you made us see that, huh?"

My parents were very traditional and never warmed up to the fact that I was with a woman. Now, they saw me getting it on on the hood of a car. I guess they had a reason to be ashamed of me.

"I'm sorry mom but I wasn't really expecting visitors at one something in the morning."

"All I have to say is I'm disappointed in you."

"Thanks mom, you already said that though. Oh, and don't forget ashamed too." I was starting to get upset at the judgement my mom so easily cast on me.

Click.

I knew they wouldn't say anything to Janet, they would even be too ashamed to speak about what they witnessed amongst each other. I felt bad for them seeing what they saw, but it was my house.

I sat by the phone, trying to make the guilt and shame that started building up, go away. How was it that a grown ass woman, who owns her own house, still manages to get caught with a guy by her parents?

Within ten minutes, the phone rang. It was Janet. I invite her over so we could talk things over.

I sat in silence, thinking about how I was going to break it to her. I wanted her to know I'd be there for her as a friend, but I no longer wanted to be in a relationship with her.