XV

A week later, I hadn't seen Prince and had successfully managed to push any feelings I may have felt about him away. Although he was really someone I loved being around, I was well aware that he liked to have an array of women. I wasn't the only one who enjoyed his affection. Not to mention I had Janet hanging on by a thread.

It had been raining for the last four days, but the sun finally came out. That was good since I planned on meeting Karen for lunch at a little cafe in downtown. I plopped down in the metal mesh chair outside the cafe waiting for her to show. She was always late for everything.

"Finally! I thought you forgot about me." Looking down at my watch, telling me she was 45 minutes late.

"Oh, aren't you the dramatic one today. How could I forget about you Viv?"

I pursed my lips at her before standing up and giving her a hug. "How you doing?" She asked as she rubbed my back.

"I'm good."

We sat down and ordered our food. As usual, we talked about everything under the sun. Well, everything except the client I was seeing. I could tell she wanted to go there but was hesitant for some reason.

"So...what's going on with that guy you're seeing?" She finally asked at the end of lunch.

"Well, it's nothing serious, but it's good. He's actually a really cool person, I like being around him."

"Like what do you guys do together besides have sex?" She asked curiously as she stirred around the lemon in her iced tea.

"Just hang out." I paused, trying to think of something we did together, "Like last week we went to this little place in the middle of no where. We just laid under the stars and drank champagne. I don't know, he's funny and sweet and really easy to talk to." I shrugged, before taking a sip of iced tea.

She rolled her eyes, "And it's nothing serious?" She questioned suspiciously. "Girl, you sound sprung on him. And there's no way a 'casual sex' partner would do all that romantic shit."

My head shook vigorously, "Well, it wasn't like that and I'm not sprung on him. Even if I did like him, he's not really relationship material."

"How so?" She stopped before a disappointed expression took over her face, "Viv, is he married?"

I gasped, "Damn, Karen! No he's not married. It's just, I don't know. He's not the type of guy to just settle with one woman. From what I've seen, he usually has a few women at once."

"Well, you shouldn't be fucking with anybody like that. That's for sure. You're only gonna get hurt Viv." She pleaded.

I shook my head in disagreement, "That's the thing, there's nothing to get hurt over because there's nothing there."

"I don't know, it just seems wrong he would be with you and other chicks at the same time."

"Kar, remember, I'm the one cheating on my girlfriend. Everything about this whole situation is wrong, ok? But I don't want to talk about it anymore."

She rolled her eyes at me before she finished up her last bite of food. "I don't know why you always do that." Her voice was so low, I could barely hear it.