V

Less than an hour later, I was sitting in my Honda Civic as I pulled out of my driveway. I pushed my feelings about Janet into the back of my mind as I drove down the road to Paisley Park.

My white sneakers lightly strolled on into the waiting area of his office as I still wore my gym clothes. I figured since I dressed up for him in the middle of the night, I could go casual for one day.

"Sir, Ms Bryant is here to see you." The receptionist said to Prince over the phone.

"Ok, go in, he'll be with you in a moment."

I walked into his office and for the first time ever, he was actually there. I usually waited in that chair until he finished entertaining his girls.

What was more shocking was that he was all alone, no girls in sight. There was no afternoon pussy laying around in the other room or sitting on his desk, or on him.

It brought a smile to my face to see him there and alone. "Good afternoon, P-Prince." I stuttered, not totally feeling comfortable calling him by his first name yet.

He wore a black jumpsuit with a sports jacket type collar and lapel. The sleeves were made of some sort of netting material exposing his muscular arms and back. It was opened, showing off his patch of chest hair, before cutting into a deep v down to his waist.

"Vivian, have a seat."

My throat tightened at his stern voice called me by my actual name. All I could do was hope and pray I wasn't getting fired.

I noticed his demeanor was hardened as he sat straight up in his chair with his hands intertwined on top of the desk.

My body trembled as I sat down in the chair I'd become so familiar with over the years. He stayed silent as his eyes fell onto mine. Never blinking and never looking away, I shrunk under his view.

"Is everything alright?" I couldn't take the thickening tension in the room.

He just looked on, still silent, until I finally realized what was going on. I lowered my head and got up to leave the room. He'd fired people for lesser reasons before, that was one of my main concerns when I originally took the job. I knew I shouldn't have rejected his kiss.

I started toward the door when he let out a loud cackle. "Where you going?"

My head whipped around to see him flung back in his chair with fist up to his mouth to cover the laughter that was now filling the room.

"Are you serious?" I questioned as my heart raced out of my chest.

"I'm sorry, I had to do it." He got up and started walking towards me.

"Why would you do that? I almost keeled over."  I placed my hand over my chest as I tried to catch my varied breath.

"I'm sorry." He held out his hand, "But come here, I wanna show you something." His hand gripped my hand tightly, prevent me from even trying to pull away, and led me into the room next to his office.

I had never actually been in it. There was colorful fabric hanging from the ceiling, a big plush white rug lay in the center of the room that was surrounded by pillows. The walls were adorned with his platinum and gold records along with various other awards and posters.