Chapter Two

Avery

"Dodge ball the last ten minutes!"

Coach David is known for screaming his head off every class. It's annoying and not necessary but I guess its just how he coaches.

We played dodgeball for two rounds, the first round lasted five minutes. Right before we were gonna start the second, Charles barged in the door. "Charles. Late. Detention!" Coach shouted. He didn't seem like he cared though.

Our coach plays dodgeball a little differently. Instead of having one ball, we put a bunch of balls on the line that separates us. And when he blows the whistle we run to the line and grab them, some people also stay instead of going and try to run away from them.

The second game started and I decided to stay in my place this time, unless a ball rolls next to me. Colton was placed in the second team so since we started playing we threw the balls at each other, not that I got him out or anything, but we were laughing the whole time. It was like we were in our own world. But still, I could tell something was going on with him.

Charles was in his team, and I saw him running next to Cole and standing there. Suddenly he threw the ball at me. The ball isn't supposed to hurt that much but once it hit my stomach I stumbled back from shock and felt a slight sting. Little did I know there was ball behind me to my right causing me to trip over it and land on my side. Unfortunately my head was faced the wrong direction, causing it to hit the floor also.

My hands took most of the impact but my nose was in extreme pain. "Avery!" I heard someone say, and I distinctly placed the voice out as Colton. I couldn't really focus on anything other than the pain in my nose. I opened my eyes to see him kneeling down in front of me while I lay down on the cold floor . "Shit Avery! Your nose is bleeding" he shouted. That's when I brought my hand to my nose and felt liquid, looking at my hand I noticed that in fact it was blood.

"Okay! Calm down everybody, we need to get her to the nur-"

Before coach could even finish Colton picked me up bridal style and was walking out the door. "Colton make sure she reaches there safely. The rest of you just go home, you only have five minutes before you leave anyways and this class has been a mess, Go! Go home!" He said, shouting the last part.

"Colt" I said softly, very worried. "Shhh, it's okay princess, you're gonna be fine." he said, tightening his hold on me.

We got to the nurse and once she saw the bleeding mess I am she quickly ushered me to the bed. "Okay keep sitting, don't lay down. Lean forward and breath through your mouth. Don't tilt your head back. I'm going to get an ice pack" she instructed running to the back room. My head was a giant mess from all the instructions she just threw at me though.

"It's still bleeding!" I said. He wiped my tears, that I didn't even notice I had, and got more tissue for me. "It's okay, give it a few minutes. The way you're sitting will stop it from going down to your throat." He said rubbing my shoulders.

He kissed my forehead causing me to close my eyes and instantly start calming down. I don't know what I would do without him in my life.

The nurse came back with the ice pack and placed it on the desk. "Okay, I'm going to take this.." She said taking the pile of tissues I have on my nose. "I'm going to start pinching right above ur nostrils to stop the bleeding, but it has gotten less so that's good" she said, also asking Colton what happened. He explained while she pinched my nose.

About five minutes later, the bleeding stopped and she gave me the ice pack to place it on my nose. "I'm going to right you a paper for your parents explaining all this" she said.

"Is it anything severe?" Colt asked worried still sitting next to me. "Oh no! The bleeding stopped and her hands took most of her impact too so all is good, her nose is just sensitive that's it" she said smiling at us as she walked into her office to write that paper.

"Does it still hurt?" He asked bending so his head would be in front of mine. "Yeah but nothing I can't deal with" I said. He nodded and sat next to me.

After she came back with the paper we left the nurses room. I was slightly walking in front of Colton, so when he picked me up bridal style again out of nowhere I was shocked. "I can walk" I said smiling, not that he could tell from the ice pack covering my whole face. Well almost, I could still see.

"I know you can, but I wold like to carry you to the car" he said. I leaned up and kissed his check. He surprisingly blushed and it was the cutest thing ever. "Thank you then" I said.

Once we reached the car he opened the door for me while I was still in his arms and placed me on the seat. He grabbed the belt and brought it down toward the clasp, his hand brushed my lower stomach and I blushed because of it.

He buckled me in while my hands where still on my nose. He got to the other side and started driving to my house. Well his too since it's right next to mine.

It's very funny how we met honestly. We moved in when I was four and we saw each other in the park next to our house.

Flashback

"Hi" the boy next to me said on the swings. "Hello" I said back. "Ur gorgish" he said. "What does dat mean?" I asked. "I don't know, I heard my dad tell my mom that" he said looking confused. "Oh ok" I said giggling. He smiled his front two teeth not there, just like me. "Oh, same!" I pointed to my teeth, well where they are supposed to be."wow!" He said equally excited. "Do you wan to be bet friens?" he asked. "Yes!" I shouted running off with him to the slides.

End of flashback

Basically that's what happened. Life was much simpler than it is today.

We also introduced ourselves to our parents as best friends and said our goodbyes. The next day we saw each other and our parents figured out that we were neighbors. From that day we were inseparable. We did everything together, helped each other, were sad with each other, happy with each other. Everything.

When strangers or people see us now they think we're a couple and even compliment us sometimes. It's probably because we're so close.

It gets awkward for us, but people do jump to conclusions- that I wish would come true-.

"Would you have said yes if I didn't tell you not to?" I heard him ask quietly. "What?" I asked confused. "He was asking you out and I begged you to say no. Did you say no because of me?" He asked sounding heartbroken. "No! Where did you get that from Colton, I'm not interested in him at all I swear" I said putting my hand on his thigh seeing his cheeks turn red.

"You swear?" He asked stopping at the traffic light and looking at me in my eyes. "I swear" I said truthfully, and I knew he could see that.