Chapter Twenty Seven

Colton

I woke up again at eleven a.m. and stretched while I was still in bed. I looked over at Avery and saw her asleep, but with my laptop in her lap. I leaned over to give her a kiss but stopped. Her cheeks and nose had a pink tint to them -her nose more-, her eyes were slightly puffy and dried up tear streaks were on her cheeks trailing down from her eyes.

She was crying.

Why was she crying, when she woke me up she looked fine. Actually she was ecstatic because of the views we got on the video. I grabbed the laptop and opened it up seeing it was on the comment section of the video I uploaded.

She read the comments. Even after I warned her about then about a million times. I read the comments she read, and my heart broke at he fact that she cried about them because none of it was true.

I heard a yawn and turned my head to see Avery awake. "Good morning, again" she said with a smile. Which I could tell was fake. I started at her, pained at the fact that she isn't telling me anything. "What's wrong?" She asked confused. "I thought I told you to just ignore what they said." I told her shutting the laptop. "It's not that easy" she said getting up off the bed walking to the bathroom. "I know it isn't, but you have to try. And besides, you were crying last night and I was fast asleep, you know how bad I feel about that. Avery, I am your best friend, and your boyfriend. You should have woken me up. I would have loved to help you and comfort you. I care about you so, don't make me worry like this." I said wrapping my hand around her waist from behind as she finished washing her face.

She turned around with tears in her eyes. "Colton, I care about you so much as well and I know you would have helped me if I woke you up, but-"

"But what?" I asked wiping her tears away, as they kept coming. "What if they are right?" She asked in a whisper. "What if you do deserve someone better than me, for gods sake I made you suffer all these years when any other girl would have come running into your arms in a minute" she said.

I was fuming mad by now, my arms wrapping tighter around her waist. "Don't you ever say those words again." I said, my jaw clenched. "I don't deserve you Avery, but that's only because your perfect. You're everything a guy wants. I fell in love with you. I waited all this time because I only wanted you. Nobody else, always remember that." I said pecking her lips softly. She nodded her head and wrapped her arms around my waist, laying her head on my shoulder.

***^^^****^^****^**^

Sorry this chapter is short guys, I'm very stressed with school and everything but I still decided to write this small short scene. Consider it a filler I guess. Sorry again