Chapter Three

Colton

"What happened?!" Avery's mom Maria shouted coming over to us while we stood by the kitchen door. I let Avery down and Maria immediately stared looking at her nose. "Got hit by the dodgeball and I fell on my nose basically" she said stoically, not that I can blame her, her nose looks really painful.

"Im going to give that dufus a piece of my mind when I-" I started saying getting cut off.

"No, please don't do anything. Just forget it, I'm not seriously injured so I'm fine. Please Colton" she said holding my head and staring me dead straight on. "C'mon let me give you a bag of peas, your ice pack melted" her mom said pulling her to a seat. "Where's dad?" Avery asked. "Grocery shopping" Maria said with a smirk. "How did you get him to do it?"

Maria kept smirking, giving Avery the answer she wanted. "Ew, ew! Don't tell me!"

***

"Sup people!" Liam said walking in the house. Me and Avery were sitting in the living room. "Oooh girl, you do not look good" he said sitting next to me. "Shut up she looks absolutely fine" I said. Avery didn't even say anything, she was exhausted and barely staying awake. "Your only saying that because your blinded by the love you have for her-"

"Shut up!" I whisper yelled looking horrified. Slowly I turned my head, preparing myself for the worse but she was asleep, her breathes deep as she leaned her head on my shoulder. I was relieved above beyond. I turned back to Liam wanting to kill him. "Are you crazy!?" I asked clearly mad but talking in a small voice to not wake her up. "Till when are you gonna keep it a secret, look all I'm telling you is that keeping quiet is only gonna hurt you. She's gonna find someone while you sit there and watch. Do something before that happens, or you'll regret it your whole life" he said, walking to the kitchen.

"What do you want from the kitchen, And why are you even here?" I asked ignoring what he just said, cause if I think about it now I'll never stop. "I heard Maria made shepherds pie" he said licking his lips. It did not look good at all.

"Your disgusting" I said. "The girls don't seem to think so" he said back smirking. "Gross man" I said picking Avery up, she immediately wrapped her legs around my waist unconsciously as I walked to the stairs. Liam came out with a plastic plate full of shepherds pie and he went straight to the door.

"Tell mom I won't be coming home today" I told him. He gave me a confused look. "When has telling mom been a thing, the whole neighborhood probably knows you practically live here" he said walking out. 

I continued going up the stairs and to her room. I put her down on her bed and tucked her in, glad she already changed and got ready before we started watching t.v. down stairs.

I went to the bathroom and did my business. Even one of my tooth brushes are here since I have two. I finished and took of my shirt and pants. I sleep in my boxers, and I made sure it was ok with Avery years ago and she said it was. So thats what I always do.

Feeling her skin on mine is the best feeling in the world, I may not be able to experience the type of intimacy with her including more skin, but just having that skin to skin contact of her arms and legs is more than enough. I'm lucky I even get that.

I pulled her closer to me and she tangled her legs with mine and wrapped her arms around my torso, placing her head on my chest. She was beautiful. He hair draped on the pillow, her lashes touching her cheeks, her nose button sized and narrow, and her lips plump and pink. All I wanted to do was kiss her, all over. Love her and hold her like I see couples do everywhere. I want her so bad it's hard to breathe. I feel intoxicated when I'm around her, high on the feeling I get being with her. 

Sometimes I say its impossible to continue on like this, loving her when all she sees me as is a friend, and I think of putting an end to it because of the pain.

But just as I see her those thoughts vanish, and I start bashing myself. Wondering how I could think like that. She's my best friend, the one I tell everything to, the one I laugh with, and see everyday. I can't let her go, no matter what.

***

"Colt"

"Colton"

A voice kept whispering in my ear. "Colton" it said once again. I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful angel hovering above me trying to wake me up. I flipped her back on the bed hearing her cute little squeak and cuddled her again. "I don't want school" I said. "Now you say that" she said laughing. I moved my hand up her stomach and by mistake it dragged her shirt up to her waist. "Please" I breathed out, my mouth practically on her exposed skin. I felt her shiver.

Thinking about it, it was probably my imagination. I mean my mouth was touching her stomach, I couldn't stop the images from playing in my mind.

"Well we don't really have to go, there's nothing in school. Less than half of the school is going. So we can stay in today." She said playing with my hair.

"Wait really?" I asked surprised. "Mhm" she said laughing. "Great" I said already falling asleep again.