Chapter Twenty one

Avery

It's been a week since everything happened with me and Colton. He's been here everyday knocking on the door, asking my mom or dad- whoever opened the door for him- to talk to me, to let him in, but I've warned them not to.

After I told my mom what happened, she was surprised to say the least but still told me to try to talk to him, or to see what's going on with us. I told her I don't want to though. My dad found out about our fight through my mom, and he also told me a brief sentence during dinner. He said 'don't give up on something you want' and that's it. Nothing else.

It made me remember my parents story and it made me see why my father said that to me, because he didn't give up on my mom.

All that said, I can't see him. It's too hard. I don't even want him coming here to talk to me. I don't even know why he would upload the video, did someone else upload it, did he do it as a prank to see my reaction. I don't know. Nothing seems clear.

Every time I took a shower I would cry looking at my tattoo, usually looking at it I'd smile but now I just can't seem to do that. It's not because I regret or anything like that, no. It's because every time I look at it I remember all the good times we had before all this, and I wonder if it's ever gonna get fixed because I want it back more than anything but at the same time I can't be best buddies with him again just like that.

Today he didn't come at his usual time at four p.m. I felt disappointed for some reason, but still relieved. I was starving and suggested pizza to my parents, they agreed so I picked up the phone and ordered.

I heard the doorbell ring ten minutes later, and was surprised the pizza got here that fast. Opening the door I had the shock of my life.

Instead of a guy wearing a red shirt, holding a bag with pizza boxes, Colton stood there. His hair was a mess, his eyes had slight dark circles under them, and he was dressed in sweatpants and an under shirt. When he put his head up and our eyes connected, his eyes went wide with surprise.

"Avery" he said his mouth slightly open too. Probably because he was expecting my parents to open the door just like the whole week that passed. Hearing his voice brought me back to reality and made me realize I was awake and that this was real.

I quickly backed up and started shutting the door. It all happened so fast he had no time to stop the door or push it open as I quickly locked it. He slammed his palms on the door and called out again. "Avery, please!" He said. I wanted to open the door, I did so bad. I was just sparing my heart for any more damage. I didn't know what to do. All of this was killing me.

His voice was begging me, and not noticing that a tear slowly leaked out of my eye. I left the door with no word back to Colton, and as I was walking to the stairs I saw my mom. "What happened out there? Are you okay?" She asked worried. "Colton is outside" I said wiping the only tear from my face as I went upstairs to my room.

€€€€€$$$$$€€€€€$$$$$$$€€€€€$$$$$

Colton

Everyday I go to her house wanting to see her, but she never answers the door or any of my phone calls and messages. She's not giving us the chance to work anything out. I get why she's doing this but I can't help but feel so mad at how things have turned out.

I see Liam when I go downstairs to eat. He tries to make conversation, or tells me a funny story that happened at the gym but I never answer back or show any emotion. Then after eating I just go back to my room, or sit in the garden swing my mom asked my dad to put. I haven't told my parents anything about what has happened. Although I know that they know because my mom most likely asked Liam about everything.