Chapter Five

Avery

My phone was blowing up.

Since I filmed that video with Colton I have gotten more followers on every one of my social media accounts m. It's absolutely crazy. Also all the comments I've been getting are insane. The video clearly says best friend tag but all the comments are about us being in love, and how we are perfect for each other. And it keeps going.

Reading them I blush more after each one of them. I mean sure I'm in love with him and it may have showed to some people but him having feelings for me. That's bull. Real bull. So far I haven't gotten any hate, instead all I've gotten was positive stuff. Which was amazing.

I was on my phone scrolling through my notifications when Colton came into the house. "Looks like someone has many secret admirers, apparently it gives up to more than a thousand people" he said laughing. I knew he saw those comments about us being a couple, cause almost all of them were about that but I'm glad he didn't mention anything. "My phone has never died this fast" I said laughing too.

"So, who are you taking to prom?" I asked. He looked at me confused. "Who am I taking? We always go together, and I thought we were again this year.." He said still confused trailing off. "I mean don't you want to take someone else as an actual date with you before you graduate?" I asked.

It hurts me to say this, but it's true. I get worried that he takes me every year as to not hurt my feelings, which is holding him back from having a relationship. He can be very romantic and he shouldn't let that go to waste. "Avery I've told you a million times. I don't want to go on a date with anybody. I'm perfectly fine going with you to prom again this year." He said. He was quite for a few seconds before his whole demeanor changed. "Someone asked you to prom right?" He asked, his jaw clenching and his face going emotionless.

"No no! I just thought that you wanted a change colt. Guess not" I laughed. His face then relaxed from is tense hold and he smiled back at me. I got up and went to the kitchen to grab a snack, Colton following.

***

"I ordered pizza, cause your mom and dad are going out with my parents as a double date I guess" he said his face scrunched up. "Why do you look disgusted" I said laughing. "Someday you and your wife may go a double date with your friends" I said.

Saying that I noticed how annoyed he kind of looked, so I dropped the subject and walked into the living room with the popcorn I made.

We played the movie Edward scissorhands, a classic and sat on the couch. Halfway through the movie pizza came, I wanted to go get it but Colton got up before I did so I just stayed.

Two minutes later Colton called me into the kitchen and I walked in to see him sitting next to the pizza with a grin on his face. "Open it" he said. I opened the pizza box and what I saw took me by surprise.

P R O M ? was spelled with the pepperoni across the pizza. I burst out laughing, the biggest grin on my face. "Will you go to prom with me princess?" He asked. Still laughing I managed to say yes and jumped into his arms squishing him. Even with all the muscles he was still the comfiest most softest person I knew. "You told me to take somebody else, but I still wanted to take you again this year. So I actually asked you, for a change" he said quoting my words.

"That was so cute, and totally unexpected Colton" I said kissing his cheek. "But are you sure you don't want to go on an actually date wit someone, this is your last prom. I can't help but think your wasting it taking me" I said. "Avery I'm happy taking you to prom, and I know it will be the best prom ever because I'm going with you. If you want me to go on a date so bad this could be one" he said mumbling g the last part.

Instead of answering though I stuffed my face with more pizza acting like I didn't hear him.

****^^^^******^^^^^*****

"I really need a girlfriend" Liam said as he lashed on the floor. Into our movie marathon Liam came and joined us. I didn't mind but Colton looked like he wanted to punch him.

Just as Liam finished saying that we could hear Colton laughing. "Your funny" he shouted from the kitchen where he went to get water. "No I'm serious, girls are very picky and many of them don't want a random hook up. So the only way for me to get with a girl is to get a girl." Liam said.

"That sounds lovely" I said sarcastically. "But I think that's just gonna make it worse for you. How about you just don't get with a girl and go solo for a bit."

"That's like training a dog to stop licking." Colton said walking into the living room. "Excuse me, are you calling me a dog" Liam said sitting up looking offended. "Actually I wasn't, but now that you mention it yeah why not" Colton said with a smirk taking his seat next to me, closer than before though. "You little-"

"Ok ok! Cut this out" I said stopping their bickering. "If you wanna get a girl, you need to stop treating them like their tissues and actually start finding somebody with a good personality and not just look at her appearance. I swear your turning into Charles number two" I said frustrated, shaking my head. "Ohhh! Yes" Colton said putting his hand out for a high five. "Your hanging out a little too much with Colton" Liam grumbled facing the tv.

I looked over at Colt to see him still with his hand out, his face now disappointed. "I'm not high-fiving you" I said going back to eating my popcorn. Colton then grumbled as well and faced the tv. I mean they are brothers, what to expect.