Chapter Seven

Avery

He reached school and he came to my side and opened the door for me. "Did you go shopping for that dress, cause I'm trying to figure out when you went and all I'm getting is that you left at around three in the morning when I was asleep" he said holding my hand and leading me to the gym were the prom took place, and also were I almost broke my nose.

"No" I said laughing. "It's my moms dress from her prom night with my dad" I mentioned smiling and playing with the dress. He stopped walking and gave me a look that I knew very well. "No they didn't do anything with this dress" I also said laughing even more with him. Everybody knew that couples in love leave prom and have their night alone. Some guys take their girlfriends to hotels, or even to their car. Which I don't find appealing at all since it's a dead give away with the humid windows but people do it anyway.

We walked in to the gym and it was a nice set up. Their was a disco ball hanging from the ceiling, tables by the sides, a big dance floor, and even a stage. Seniors were dancing, couples and dates in each others arms, groups of friends jumping around like monkeys and busting moves, and some even sitting and talking.

Heading towards an empty table, I saw Charles standing by the punch bowl poring himself some, with a bruised jaw. Once he saw me and Colton he practically ran away from us looking frightened. Colton sat me down before sitting next to me smiling, but all I had was a glare on my face. Before he could even talk I asked him "what did you do?"

"What are you talking about?" He said. "Charles" I said. He looked sheepish "about that... Um..."

"I thought I told you not to do anything! Colton" I said raising my voice. "But I had to, he hurt you and I wasn't gonna let a that slip" he defended.  "He may not have meant it-" I was saying before he cut me off.

"He did"

"Oh my- look at your knuckles, how didn't I notice that!" I said looking at his red knuckles. "You punched him" I said stating a fact more than asking. "In the jaw" he added smirking. I kept glaring at him but he just started laughing. "Let's go dance" he said, and just like that he pulled me with him and I wasn't mad anymore. I swear all he has to do is smile and I'd melt like ice cream on a sunny day.

We danced for about ten minutes to pop music, jumping around and laughing the whole time. Suddenly the hype songs stopped and a slow song started playing. I recognized it as all of me by John legend.

I went to sit down, seeing as mostly couples were dancing, but before I could even move Colton pulled me back and had me put my arms around his neck while he put his around my waist, one even griping my hips.

"Your not going anywhere" he said. I was blushing by now. With every lyric heard he kept pulling me closer until their was no space between us other than our lips. They were so close to mine, and oh so tempting.

I guess I was just fantasizing, but in the end he did at least kiss my forehead when we were done . "In two minutes we will be announcing the king and queen of your last prom night" the principle announced.

"Cmon!" Colton shouted practically dragging me through the crowd. "What? Where are we going" I said trying to run after him with my heels. He took me into the school and we walked so much until we reached a door that looked to be for a storage room, and in the room was a ladder that I've never seen before. He carried me by waist up the ledge and let me go before him up the ladder.

While going up I slipped cause of my heels and let out a squeak, but Colton grabbed me by my hip, one hand touching my butt though causing me to blush hard. "Don't worry I got you" he said pushing me back up. We continued up and what I saw took me by surprise. "Wow" I said.

The view wasn't of lights and tall buildings, but it was of nature. Our school was next to a forest sort of thing so there were tall trees and different types of plants in various colors and shapes. It was a beautiful sight.

"How did you find this?" I asked shocked sitting down on another small ledge by the edge of the school since we were on the roof. "Liam" he said. "He was a rebel back when he was in school and came here a lot, he only did share this place with me today giving me the directions too." He said sitting next to me, we could even here the music faintly.

The music suddenly stopped and it was time for them to elect the king and queen. "Who do you think it is this year?" I asked.

"Charles and becca" he said rolling his eyes. I stated laughing and so did he. It was so expected. They were both cousins and their uncle was the principle, so that's the reason they win every year. It was unfair but they didn't care. I mean it did keep their popularity up in school so that's the main reason they do it anyway.

"I think your a queen" he said. I looked over shocked but still smiling. "really?" I asked. "Yes, you should be the queen" he said scooting closer to me. "Well then, I think you should be the king" I said. He gasped and looked over at me his eyes wide. "We must make babies as soon as possible for our colony!" He said. I burst out laughing leaning against his shoulder while he chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist.