Chapter Six

Avery

I was wearing a dress my mom gave me. It was her prom dress when she was in high school. It's also very special to her cause she wore it with my dad as her date.

I felt amazing in it. My mom helped me with my hair and waved it, putting the parts by my ears at the back of my head with a clip. My makeup was simple, I offered to do it myself but my mom seemed much more eager to dress me up so I let her do it.

She applied some brown shadow to my crease, and winged eyeliner. For my lips I applied a matte red color to match my dress which had a lace bodice filled with sequins and the rest flowed freely down to my ankles.

"Oh honey, you look so pretty!" My mom said looking like she was gonna cry. "Mom! Don't cry, please" I said hugging her. "I can't help it, you look so grown up" she said wiping her eyes. "If you were dating Colton, you would have definitely not made it home early tonight" she said, her mood suddenly changing and instead of crying she had a smirk on her face.

"Mom!" I shouted a blush on my face. This is so embarrassing. "What! It's true" she defended herself. "You didn't do... Anything.. With this dress did you.." I asked hesitantly, very much ready to rip this dress off of me if she says yes.

"No no, I took it off before that" she said. "Ok" I said relieved. This is very awkward, talking to my mom about this. But I was not wearing a dress she did the frickle frackle in with my dad.

"But if the dress ruins the mood and stops you guys, letting you know now. You don't have to take it off jus-"

"No stop mom! Oh my god" I cut her off laughing but shocked as well. "There isn't going to be a mood, nothing mom nothing" I kept going on.

"You never know, the mood may be love" she said wiggling her eyebrows. "I doubt that" I said putting on my heels. "Why? He may actually like you and you can finally be happy with him" she said. My mom knew about my feelings for him ages ago.

"I am happy mom" I said putting on my accessories, looking at myself lastly in the mirror and turning around to face her. "Your not Avery, and it hurts to know that" she said holding my hands in hers and looking at me with that sad look moms give you. Like she knows every single emotion running through you.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, and I jumped a bit surprised. I grabbed my bag and walked out of my room and down the stairs with my mom right behind me. Walking towards the front door I see my dad. "You look wonderful" he said giving me a hug. "Thanks dad" I said smiling. I opened the door and saw him.

He looked so handsome. His suit fit him perfectly, with a red tie, and his hair looking flawless with that messy but neat look. Everything about him was breathe taking, literally. He even had a bouquet of red and white roses. "You look beautiful" he said, and I saw his eyes trail over my body as he gave me the flowers. "Thank you, you look handsome" I mentioned taking the risk. He came closer and kissed my cheek. "These flowers are also very nice" I said smelling them,

My dad appeared behind me and opened the door even wider. "You rang the doorbell this time, no wait let me rephrase that. You actually came through the door" he said. We laughed and Colton's reply surprised us all. "Well it is a date" he said pulling me closer to him. "It is?" My dad asked. "Well not really, we're going as friends, but maybe not a date, or it is but-"

"Picture time!" My mom said cutting me off, and I'm actually glad for once. She took a picture of me and colt. His arm was around my waist sending tingles through me and making me feel all sorts of things. The second picture he even kissed me on the cheek. Very close to my mouth if I may mention. "I'll take these for you, go! Have fun" she said, more like shouted as she took the flowers.

We laughed and walked down the pavement, getting near the car I looked over at his car and saw his parents peeking through the first window, then on the other side of the house, Liam was peeking through the second window. I heard colt chuckle and I looked at him. "We have crazy families" he said with his beautiful smile. "Your definitely right with that" I said.

He opened the door for me and let me in being a gentlemen as always. It surprises me sometimes that even after all this time he still opens the door for me and makes sure I get in first for every car ride we have.

He then gets in and we make our way to school. I start playing around with the radio buttons and one channel started playing one of my favorite songs by Beyoncé, 1+1.

I start singing along, and I noticed him look at me from the corner of his eyes. The song was kind of awkward to sing in front of him because it was romantic and sexual but I mean it's Beyoncé, so I couldn't just stay quite.