Chapter Nine

Avery

It's been a week since we've been on break and its been better than ever. I still got messages from all my new followers on my social media accounts about the video we filmed and how I should show up more and that video blew up on YouTube too with so many views.

Right now I was chilling on my bed watching Scream Queens when My window opened and Colton came in. "Hey Avenue" he said his nickname for me that I don't really like. I rolled my eyes when he said it too. "Hey..... cauliflower" I said stopping the episode. That was a bad comeback, a really bad one. He laughed and took a seat next to me. He was quiet and when I looked up he was staring at me. "What's up?" I asked realizing something was wrong. "I went to a party yesterday" he said. "Wait What?" I asked slightly laughing but still very confused with my eyebrows pushed together. "When I told you I was going to go buy supplies for my next video, I lied. I went to one of Liam's friends party" he said, his face emotionless.

I was shocked. Firstly at the fact that he went to a party when he hated them and never went to one, secondly because he lied.

To me.

For the very first time, ever.

I had told him I was tired and didn't want to go with him to buy supplies, he was probably relieved that I said no too. "Why did you lie?" I asked closing my laptop all together and starting to fidget. He didn't answer my question and stared taking about what he did, which I found very weird.

"It was fun, we got drunk. There was so much alcohol and we couldn't resist, Liam's friend Andrew taught me everything there is to know about that life too. The good life." He said, he never talked like this. "Colton are you still drunk from last night?" I asked scooting closer and cradling his face in my hands, trying to tell by looking at him and into his eyes.

"More like today morning" he said smirking. "But no, I'm not" he said. I let go of his face and held my head instead. This was all too much to take in. "But Colton you hate parties, you always say people leave the parties drunk with regrets, and now you go and get drunk, what....?" I asked confused out if my mind.

"Well now I like parties, especially since I got a girlfriend out of going to one" he said. "No.." I whispered mostly to myself but I know he heard. I wanted to cry, I felt like tears would leave my eyes the instant I tell them to, like those lights that turn on and off when you clap. That quick. "What do you mean you got a girlfriend?" I asked trying to keep myself composed.

"I hit up one by taking her to one of the empty rooms up stairs, we had fun up there and we became a couple" he said.

"You had fun?" I asked, hoping and praying it didn't mean what I thought it did. "Yeah, you know-" he said leaning in and whispering "sex".

"Your crazy" I said shaking my head standing up. "Your fricking crazy! This isn't you!" I  shouted. "Oh and I also plan on breaking up with her after tomorrow and going to another party to find another girl" he said. I was going crazy now. Pacing the room. "Your playing girls!" I shouted. "No, I'm not-"

"Yes you are Colton, you always thought bad about players, guys who use girls
like they are nothing and now your starting your way to being one. What happened to you, it's like I don't even know you right now" I said. He is a person, and a person does what they want. They follow their own opinions, do what they think is right for them. It's part of living. And maybe that's what he's doing. But I can't just sit here and watch this certain thing happen.

I want to cry because he has a girlfriend, I want to cry cause he plans on leaving her and moving to the next, I'm sad that he even had sex for the fun of it when we always talked about how it had to be from love and from your heart cause you want that person. I'm sad because I officially lost him. "Avery it's fun, I was wrong thinking being a player isn't fun" he said. "No no no, get up" I said pulling him by his arms and pushing him towards my window. "Go back to your room and think about all of this, and what you did to yourself and to me. Go, take as long as you need, a week? So be it. Just leave!" I said opening the window for him and gesturing with my hands for him to leave.

The tears were pooling in my eyes now, but I know he couldn't notice because he was laughing so much. "Avery- omg, that was hilarious!" He said clutching his stomach. "You find this funny?" I asked my hands shaking from how mad I am and because I was a whirl of emotions at the moment. "Yes" he said laughing again. "Avery, look" he said pointing at my desk where I saw a camera on top of my books in my bookshelf, and pointed to another one in the pocket of my hoodie hanged on the door. "I pranked you" he said laughing.

"Oh my god..." I said trailing off. I wanted to smack him but what I did instead was hug him. "I'm so happy this isn't true right now" I said relieved. "Are you glad I don't have a girlfriend?" He asked smirking. I laughed but didn't give him an answer, even though I was beyond glad he didn't.