Chapter Twenty Six

Colton

"You ready?" I asked Avery. "Yeah" she said nodding nervously. I set th camera in front of us and hit record. "Hey guys!" I said. "So today I'm here with my Avery-" I said gesturing to Avery. "Hi" she said waving with a giggle which was one of the cutest thing in the world. "-and we are gonna film the chapstick challenge. I know I said that we weren't gonna do it cause it's a couples thing but why not" I said, glancing over at Avery trying to keep my self in control, while giving her a teasing look.

In my lap was the bag full of different flavors of chapstick that me and Avery bought the other day. It's been about two days since the barbecue and I decided to film this video, because it's not exactly telling them we are in a relationship but it's kind of hinting. "So basically we have a blindfold, and one person is gonna wear it and guess the flavor of the chapstick on the other persons lips by kissing them." I said. "So Avery wear the blindfold, and I'll apply the chapstick on my luscious lips." I said. Avery laughed and tied her blindfold on the back of her head. I dug my hand through the bag and pulled it out seeing blueberry on the chapstick in front of me. I put it on my lips, which felt weird cause I've never applied any sort of product on my lip and rubbed my lips together. "Ok I'm coming in" I said.

I grabbed hold of her chin and slowly leaned in pecking her soft, pink lips. The kiss was short, and I wanted it to last longer but that's what we planned because we didn't want to be the couple that likes PDA on YouTube. She licked her lips and scrunched her face. "Umm- I can't tell can I try again?" She asked. "You wanna try again ha?" I asked teasing, with a smirk on my face even though she couldn't see. She giggled and said "really, I'm serious. I can't tell what it is."

I leaned in once more and gave her a peck again, but out of nowhere she licked my lips. "Blueberry" she said. "You cheater!" I said laughing, while wiping my lips from the balm with a towel next to us. "Ok I see, you wanna play that way, I'll play the same" I said teasingly winking at her.

***^^^^^***^^^***

We were on the last round, and so far it was two to seven.

I was the two.

I have to say, she's good. But I'm sure all her years of putting lip gloss on paid off, she probably has all the flavors memorized. Me on the other hand, not that much. Besides, almost every flavor doesn't match the name of its fruit. Like cherry didn't even taste like cherry, It was sweet but it definitely had no hint of cherry.

The blind fold was on my eyes and Avery was applying the lip balm. "Ooh this ones good" she said. Then she leaned in and gave me a peck. I licked my lips trying to detect the flavor, and I knew it once away. "Chocolate" I said. "Yeah" she said laughing. I took my blind fold off and said "Wow, your right chocolate is very good" I said kissing her again, with force this time though which caused her to fall back on my bed  as she laughed.

I pulled her back up and she glared at me with a smile on her face. "You need to cut that off" she said fixing her hair that got messed up from the bed because it was in a ponytail.

"Ok, well I hope you enjoyed that challenge, and I'll see you next time. Bye!" I said. "Bye!" Avery said doing the honors for me and ending the video with her hand on the camera lens because that's what I always do.

"Now for the editing" I said sighing grabbing my laptop and going towards the back of the bed to lean my back on my head board. Editing has never been fun for me.

****^^^^^^*****^^^***

Avery

The next day I woke up still feeling full from all the snacks and junk food me and Colton ate from our movie night.

Colton was next to me, still asleep with his laptop on his lap. Poor guy, he probably spent time editing, but it's all worth it because his videos are really cool with all the memes and songs in the right places that get you cracking up. I grabbed my phone from the beside table and what I saw had me really shocked.

My phone was full with notifications, and was still blowing up. I've had this happen to me before, but never this much. This was insane.

I grabbed the laptop from on Colton and turned it on going to the chapstick challenge video that was uploaded last night -or maybe even this morning- and it was even worse. The comments weren't stopping with over a million views and a thousand comments. "Colton, Colton! Wake up" I said shaking his shoulder scrolling through the comments.

He jolted upward asking "huh- wha- what's going on?" He asked rubbing his eyes. "Look!" I said putting the laptop on his lap again. He squinted and looked closer. "Woah" he said. "This is..." he said trailing off. "Crazy!" I continued, a big grin on my face.

After he chuckled though, I saw his eyes starting to droop. "Sorry for waking you up" I said sheepishly giggling. "It's ok" he said softly. His eyes then started closing and he fell asleep. I moved his hair out of his eyes and kissed his cheek blushing, even without him awake or seeing me.

While he fell back asleep I thought of reading some of the comments from the video. There were things like, "omg!! I knew they would get together, they are definitely dating!!" And others were like "I can't! They are so cute as a couple, I can't wait to see more of them like this" with heart emojis.

But just like there were nice comments there were mean ones, really mean ones.

"He deserves so much better than that whôre"

"Eww what is he even doing with her sorry áss"

"I can't believe out of all the girls in the world he gets with this ugly hoê"

"She's disgusting, probably gonna make his whole channel disgusting as well. Including him"

Colton always told me to never let them get to me, and that ignoring them is the best thing but I can't. I thought it would be easier to do that, but as I'm reading them, a tang hits my heart with every word. How can people say such cruel words like that.

I wanted to stop reading, because I was tearing up, but I couldn't. I just wanted to slap the computer shut being the stubborn person I was I kept it open.

I kept reading and reading, and it just got worse and worse. There were a few nice ones between each and some people commenting back to the rude ones disagreeing but no matter what nice comment I read the rude ones still stood out so much more.

A thought then crossed my head, one I never thought I'd get.

Maybe they are right. Maybe Colton does deserve a better girl, somebody much more beautiful. Somebody who can give him what he wants, cause clearly I couldn't give him what he wanted until years later. And now it's just too late.

With that last thought I closed the computer and laid back down my back facing Colton, cause looking at him now will just make me see how a disappointment I was. With a tear trailing down my face I fell asleep, the thoughts still swirling in my head getting worse as the time went by.