Chapter Eighteen

Avery

I love watching movies, I mean who doesn't. I especially love watching movies with Colton, and at the moment we were watching the purge and it was bomb. Only problem. The séx scene that's playing at the moment. In every movie we watch that has a séx scene, it just gets awkward, and right now it's so awkward. I mean in the movie the guy is just kissing up on her neck while she moves around unable to stay still, and it's just... I keep thinking of Colton and I like that. This is what romantic scenes do to me.

I glanced at Colton to see him tensed, right when I thought of turning my head away he turns his head towards me too. My eyes go wide and I quickly whip my head to the front facing the screen. Great now it's just more awkward.

The movie eventually finished, and so did the popcorn. We didn't mention the scene as usual, we just brush it off since it's not something you really talk about like 'omg did you see the sêx scene in the purge, yo that was truly something, like I didn't expect the guy to-' yeah no, that never happens with me and Colton.

"I need to film a video" Colton said sounding stressed. "Oh right, you haven't filmed a video since we went to the park" I said. That day was an official nightmare. I still remember feeling like my heart was slowly breaking into pieces with every word that came out of his mouth while he was describing her. She was honestly so damn lucky, because while he talked bout her I honestly thought he loved her. The emotion in his words killed me, but I couldn't help but feel proud cause I knew I had a best friend that was really loyal that would be a great boyfriend.

Ten minutes of both of us thinking later, he suddenly straightened his back instead of crouching and leaning on the couch and said "A Q&A! People love that, I'll tweet it now and in an hour or two I'll film it" while opening his phone and typing.

***^^^**^^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^

Colton filmed his video and is now at the grocery store getting his mom fruit jam for her ultimate cheesecake. Liam and him played a game of rock, paper, scissors to see who would go, but their mom screamed at them in their second round, and told Colton to go. He left grumbling, while Liam and I laughed. I know it's cruel but the situation was funny in my opinion, but Liam was laughing evilly because he didn't get to go.

"I really think you should try to eat pickles" Liam said taking a jar out of the fridge. "Umm no, it smells disgusting" I said making a face at the jar. "Trust me, I know it smells bad, but it's so good!" He said taking one out. He poked the pickle slice with a fork and dangled it in the air while he slowly walked towards me. "Liam" I warned him glaring at him, then at the pickle.

"Let's make it like this. You try it and I guarantee you, Colton will ask you on a date" he said wiggling his brows, now standing in front of me. "What, why would you say that?" I asked blushing.

"Because you loooovvvvee him soooo much-"

"Yeah no, he would never ask me on a date" I said shaking my head. "Ok eat the pickle, and fate will have Colton kiss you right smack on the lips" he said doing a kissy face while shaking his shoulders as if he was dancing. "That's won't happen Liam, I-"

"Just eat the damn pickle!" He said squinting at me while almost shoving the pickle in my mouth. "Why do you want me to eat the pickle that bad?" I asked curiously. "Because your missing out girl! So please just eat this pickle so Colton can kiss you" he said. "Fine, fine!" I said taking the fork and taking a small bite of the pickle. I mean Colton kissing me doesn't sound that bad...

About five seconds later I swallowed the pickle bite and stared at Liam. "You know... this is good" I said continuing to eat it. "See! I knew you'd like it" he said clapping his hands and taking a seat next to me, also eating pickles.

We heard the door of the house open, and Colton walked in looking pissed and slammed the plastic bag with the jam on the counter. "I swear, I've never encountered someone as slow as that old lady, like all I want to buy is frickin jam, and she got me in this whole conversation about using protection because I looked too young to have children. It's not my fault the person before me forgot to put his condoms in his plastic bag! Please just let me leave. They're not mine! Besides, it's none of her business whether I should have children right now or not, what if I want to have children. I'll have twenty and take all of them to see her. Look at me now!" He said slamming his hand on the kitchen counter as his face turned red from frustration.

"If you think about it, there's no way you could get twenty children while still being young, because every child takes nine months and a year is only twelve months." Liam said chewing, his mouth filled with pickles. "Wow, aren't you smart!" Colton said punching his shoulder. "Owe..." Liam said quietly rubbing the place he got punched, so he wouldn't get punched again by a fuming Colton.

"Calm down colt, I'm sure the old lady was just giving you advice, maybe her daughter got pregnant as a teen, or her son got a girl pregnant" I said leaning my head against his shoulders, as I glared at Liam in a way to get him to not say anything more.

"What are you guys doing?" Colton asked looking at the pickle jar. "We are eating beautiful pickles" Liam said cockily, folding his arms against his chest. "But Avery doesn't even like pickles" Colton said. I sat up straight and looked at him sheepishly. "Well... I kind of do now" I said. "You despise them princess, what are you going on about" he said. "No really, I got her to eat pickles by telling her that you'd give her a ki-"

I jumped over the kitchen island smacking my hand over Liam's mouth. "Shut up!" I shouted my eyes wide, oh how I so wanted to choke him. "I'm having a hard time believing you guys, especially Liam. So please may I smell your breathe, then I'll now." Colton said pulling me by my hips back to him. His hands there felt like heaven, I wanted him to touch me there all day-

No! Don't think like that Avery, and maybe instead you should think about the boy your in love with wanting to smell your breathe.

"No, Colton. You really don't want to do that" I said. Putting my hands over my mouth. "No I do, I want to see if you actually ate the pickles" he said trying to pull my hands away. "Yo, see if she smokes too" Liam said still stuffing his face with more pickles. We both glared at him, stopping what we were arguing about.

"What?..." he said. I took that as my cue to run away from Colton to avoid him smelling my breathe, but a few seconds later he was right behind me. Instead of going around the living room couches I went towards the hallway by their parents room and the guests room cause I'm stupid and brought myself to a dead end. I mean their parents room was by the end of the hallway but I stopped by the door not wanting to go inside, to keep their privacy.

"Your stuck now" Colton said chuckling. "I don't know why the hell you want to smell my breathe." I said folding my arms against my chest this time. "Maybe I just want to kiss you" he said walking slowly towards me. "Yeah but you never kiss me on my lips" I said looking at him confused. "Maybe I should" he said reaching in front of me and putting his arms by my sides on the door, his face close to mine as he looked at my lips.

And that's when I felt it.

A burp coming out. Slowly, and tantalizingly. And I just burped with no control. He closed his eyes and slowly went back. "Yep you definitely ate pickles" he said chuckling giving me his dazzling smile that had me weak in the knees. "I'm sorry" I said feeling heat crawl up my neck to my ears. Oh my gosh, I just burped in his face.

With pickle breathe! Shît, this is so embarrassing, I'm so damn disgusting and that's probably what's going through his head right at this moment. "Avery it's fine, everybody burps. So calm down cause you look like a tomato right now, not that you don't always." He said teasingly smirking. I pushed at his shoulders and started walking back to the kitchen.

"Wait Avery" he called. I turned around and he pulled me by my hands, making me land on his chest. Are faces are close again, and just like last time he looked like he was about to kiss me. Please kiss me, if you do then I swear I'll eat pickles everyday with Liam.

Colton then suddenly burped in my face, and I tell you what. It smelled like pickles too. "Your welcome princess" he said blowing in my face, laughing at my stunned expression. "I ate a pickle after you ran, and let me just say, I've never eaten anything so fast" he said chuckling. And I couldn't resist not chuckling with him as well.