Chapter Twenty Five

Avery

We were all still sitting in my house's back yard and the sun was just starting to set, but it was still pretty bright. We were all talking about college and how me and Colton applied to the same ones to see if we would get in together.

Suddenly I felt something hit my head and water spilled all over my hair. I screamed surprised and turned around only to be faced with Colton and Liam laughing their asśes off. "Oh, its game on" I said getting up and running to the bucket full of water balloons next to them. You'd expect them to try and hide the balloons from me, but no it was right there. As they saw me reaching for the balloons they stopped laughing and ran to try and stop me.

Please, if I'm getting wet, so are they.

I grabbed two balloons and without a second thought I threw one at each of them, stopping them in there tracks. "Bîtch! You did not!" Liam shouted running towards me. That's when Liam got sprayed with water. I turned and saw Colton with a huge âss water gun in his arms spraying Liam. "Now I may have agreed to throw water balloons at her, but I'm not letting you pounce on her as well" he said.

Seeing him being protective over me in that moment, I couldn't help my grin. He's been protective of me a million times before, but never as a couple, so it kind of feels special now. I walked up to him slowly, my hair was dripping wet, and so was my shirt, and for once I was glad I was wearing a tank top under my shirt. Once I was in front of him I brought my arms up around his neck, and leaned in so my mouth was against his ear and whispered "thanks..."

I slowly brought my face in front of his, and inched forward with every second looking at his lips as he stood still with his eyes looking up and down my body. With him doing that I had to control my self so I wouldn't blush.

Just as I was about to connect my lips with his and snatched the water gun away from him and jumped back, "but I'm just enjoying this too much" I said with a smirk as I sprayed him up and down. I could hear Liam behind me laughing as Colton tried to stop me, so I turned around and smirked at him too. "What are you laughing at?" I asked aiming the gun at him and doing the same thing to him.

I was giggling too much though and had to stop, which was a bad idea because once I did Colton grabbed me circling his arms around my waist and carried me over his shoulders. "Charge!" He shouted running towards he pool. Liam then grabbed the water gun I dropped and starting shooting water at me again.

"Oh my god Colton! Put me down!" I screamed laughing. Out of no where Colton stumbled and started falling. I scrunched my eyes close and was ready to hit he floor, but instead I fell on top of Colton and he braced my fall. "That was my ear you dumb áss!" Colton complained at the water that just entered his ears because of Liam's lack of aim.

That's when I connected eyes with Colton, and this time I actually did want to kiss him. This all made me realize how amazing it is to do these stuff with him as my boyfriend, how nice it feels to not be shy when it comes to my romantic feelings towards him, and how happy I feel in general because of this new change.

So even with our parents and Liam there, I leaned in and kissed him as if they weren't there. The kiss was passionate and slow, and I tried to show him just how much I loved and adored him through it. As he kissed me back I knew he got the message, because he showed the same emotions as I did.

Usually it's noise that would pull you out of something but in that moment, it was silence that ended our kiss. The unusual silence of our families. Slowly Colton helped me up with a smile on his face and I giggled slowly as we stood up all wet. I looked at all the faces and saw my mom and Colts mom both staring at us in awe, my dad staring and giving the 'the hell' look, while his dad was giving the 'get some' look. And Liam, well he was Liam, as per usual trying to not chuckle with that stupid smirk on his face.

"So you're a thing now" Colton's dad said. It could have been a question but he said like he was making a statement. "You too gonna do the dirty now?" He asked smirking, just like Liam. "James!" Coltons mom scolded slapping his arm. "What, I'm just asking?" He murmured rubbing the place she slapped him giving her a crazy look.

That's when Colton turned to me and gave me a wink, with a smirk. Wow this family should be called the smirk family.

"Woah woah woah" my dad said putting his hands up as if to take it all in. "What was that wink?" He asked giving us a look a mom would give to her child who ate a cookie before lunch, except that look was for a completely different subject.

"C'mon David, I think we should go inside" my mom said giving me a smile and leading my dad inside the house. "Inside?! Did u just see that?" He asked complaining as they all went inside.

"Finally they all went in" Colton said grabbing me by my hips and pulling me towards him. "Not exactly..." I said gesturing with my eyes to Liam, who was now on the floor hysterically laughing at went just went down. "It is kinda funny" I said starting to laugh. "Yeah it is" he said with a chuckle.

"You know what else is funnier?" He asked, with a gleam in his eye. "Oh no no no, I do not want to KNOW!" I said screaming the last word as I was picked up again and thrown into the pool next to us.

I swam to the surface of the water, and went to the side of the pool where Colton was standing. "Really?" I asked out of breathe. "Mhm" he said crouching down and tucking my hair behind my ear. "You still looking beautiful wet princess" he said.

As quick as lighting, I reached forward and pulled him into the pool. About a second or two later he emerged from the water and glared at me, but was also trying not to laugh. "So do you my prince" I said blowing a kiss at him, with a smirk of my own.