Chapter Fourteen

Colton

My decision was random, but once I thought about it I knew how much it already meant to me, and how much I wanted it. I took out a piece of paper and wrote on in.

I then went to my window and saw Avery next to the window, chilling on her phone. I knocked my window, sure she would hear it. As she looked up I held the pier to the window with it saying.

I want to get a tattoo.

She read it and laughed opening her window. I opened mine as well and chuckled. "You really do?" She asked. I nodded my head yes at her.

"What do you have in mind?" She asked. "I have something in mind" I said smirking. "Like what?" She asked. "Get ready" I said closing the window and giving her a smile. "Colton!" She called, but I was already picking a shirt from my closet. I took my shirt off, and for some reason my eyes averted to the window to see Avery looking at me. Just as our eyes connected she slammed her window close and drew the curtains.

****^^^^^*****^^^^^^*******

We were at the tattoo shop and I was waiting for my turn with Avery. "I want one too" she said. "You want what?" I asked confused. "At tattoo, I want one." She said smiling. "Wait really, you do?" I asked surprised. "Yeah I mean, why not." She said getting up to go tell the worker at the main desk. "You do realize this is a tattoo, and tattoo's are permanent." I said worried that she's making a rash decision on getting one because I am. "I know that colt, and I know it's worth it." She said. "Ok so what are you going to ge-"

"Colton, it's your turn" one of the tattoo artists called out. "Go" Avery said. I nodded and went into the room where I was getting my tattoo done. The guy looked like he was in his mid thirties with tattoos running up and down his arms, and a septum ring. I thought it was pretty laid off for a tattoo artist, which is cool that not everything is like its stereotype.

"So what would you like Colton?" He asked. "Umm I want this name-" I said writing Avery down on a sticky note he offered me, "-on my left pec, so here on my chest" I said putting my hand on the place I was describing. "Avery" he said to himself preparing his tools while I took off my shirt and laid down on the bed platform in the room. "A girlfriend?" He asked rolling his eyes, looking like he was fed up with that question. "Why do you say that? Do a lot of people come here and get their girlfriends name tattooed on them?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said under his breathe, shaking his head. "Then a week later they come and ask us if there is any way for us to remove it" he complained, chuckling, and I chuckled with him. "I mean getting a tattoo with ur girlfriend is fine and actually really cute, but it has to mean something to you, and the person actually has to mean something to you. Like a guy once came and asked me to put a name of a girl on him, cause the sex he had with her was the wildest. Like..." He looked at me with this look that explained what he felt.

Really?

I burst out laughing at that. I actually like this guy. "Your right tho, I mean I wish Avery was my girlfriend." I said mumbling the last part, but he actually heard. "Wait she isn't your girlfriend? Yo, don't tell me it's the name of your crush and your planning on showing it to her to get her to like you. Cause that wont work, what will work is you getting rejected and slapped." He said looking at me weirdly. "No no!" I said laughing again.

"I mean she is my crush buts she's also my best friend." I said. "So she does mean something to you, good. Finally someone who won't come asking us to remove it." He said. "Yeah she does, a lot. And no matter what happens I know I won't regret this tattoo" I said.

He looked at me for five seconds, completely silent, and thats all it took him to say "Your in love with her aren't you?" He said smirking. I felt flushed slightly with him saying that. "Is it that obvious?" I asked running my fingers through my hair. "I mean I can tell, but it isn't that obvious"he said.