Chapter 1

(Edited, although I didn't change much.)

"I got the job!" I scream to my best friend Genesis. The smile on my face made me worry that I might look like an insane person. 

 "What job?" She questioned me, raising  one perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"The job in Chicago. I told you I applied  for the job last month." I explain to her, trying to get rid of some of her confusion.

 "You mean at Gaffney Medical Center?!" She asks causing me to nod excitedly. "Oh." She whispers, a sad expression taking over her beautiful  features.

"Whoa whoa whoa! What's wrong?"I question her worriedly. She's  normally happy all the time, so the idea of her being sad is really worrisome to me.

"It's super exciting that you got the job, and I'm happy for you," She says pausing. "I'm just going to miss you so much."

"No you won't," I say pausing for a somewhat dramatic effect. "Because, you're coming with me." I finish with a shit eating grin on my face. "Now, we leave in two days so go pack." As soon as the words leave my lips she flings her arms around me before racing up the stairs.

__________________________________________________________

Two days later

"Genesis!! Hurry your ass up we need to get to the airport!" I holler jokingly up the stairs. I hear a few thuds upstairs before my best friend's bags fly over the banister nearly hitting me on their way down. " holy shit!!" I exclaim taking a few steps back in case of more flying bags.

"I'm here!" Genesis shouts after falling down the last three steps. "You look scared?" She says as if questioning why.

"Well I was almost hit by some flying bags just a little bit ago, so I don't understand why I would be even a little bit scared." I tell her lacing my voice with sarcasm. After I finish my sentence there is a honk outside indicating that the taxi driver we hired was here to take us to the airport . 

"So are you excited? It's gotta be really nerve wracking to  move from the place we've  lived out whole lives, to a place you haven't been to in over ten years." She says concerned .

"Well of course it's a little bit scary, and of course I'm nervous, but I have you with me so I know that nothing could possibly  go wrong." I answer smiling at her.

"Genesis, we're here." I say as the taxi stops in front of the airport. I try shaking my friend awake while the taxi driver starts unloading the few bags that we both brought with us. "Genesis!!!" I yell causing her to wake with a start after lightly shaking her didn't work. "We're here." I say with an 'innocent' smile on my face.

"In Chicago?" She mumbles still not fully awake. I let out a loud, seemingly obnoxious laugh before shutting the door to pay the taxi driver.

We finally made it through security, after about like thirty minutes of waiting. I checked my watch to see that we had only a few minutes to get to the gate. "Oh shit! We gotta hurry." I exclaim grabbing my bags and starting to run through the airport. We got to the gate with no more than a minute to spare before they called our flight. 

"Good Bye Mississippi. Good Bye home." I say dramatically looking out the window as the plane took off. Genesis who was sat next to me laughed. "What's so funny?" I ask while she just shakes her head.

We were only on the plane for an hour before I started to get bored. Both Genesis and the little kid, Joshua, who I had made friends with earlier were sleeping. I looked around through my small carry-on bag for something to do and after finding nothing just resorted to sleeping.

Finally, we made it to Chicago. Although the flight was only a little over an hour and a half long, it felt like forever. We headed to the baggage claim to get the rest of our luggage before heading towards the entrance. "Hello Chicago!" I said as soon as we were outside the airport. I look around as Genesis calls a cab to take us to the hotel we will be staying in the first night. Tomorrow we are going to the apartment. The day after tomorrow I start working at Gaffney. Everything will be different now, I just know it.