Chapter 16

Two Days later...

Sophia and I were talking on our way to our patients room. "So, would you like to go out for a drink or something tonight? We don't have work tomorrow." I ask her. (I know that they still have to work weekends and stuff, but in my story they get the weekend's off, and someone else does those shifts.) "Yeah sure, sounds fun." She answers excitedly.

"Hello sir, My name is Dr. Rose, I'm going to be taking care of you for now." I say walking into the room and seeing a man in a suit sitting there. "I don't need to be taken care of. I just want to go back to work!" The man shouts at me. "I'll be back in a minute. You stay in here." I say to Sophia before walking out of the room. I see two paramedics that are getting ready to leave. "Did you two bring that man in?" I ask running up to them. "The one in the suit?" I nod my head slightly at the blonde girl's question. "Yeah." She answers looking slightly lost. "Oh, sorry I'm Tiffany Rose. I'm a newish doctor here." I introduce myself. "Gabby Dawson, and that's Sylvie Brett." The other girl introduces. "Right. So the reason I was asking, what was wrong with him when you brought him in?" I ask getting back on topic. "He passed out in his work space. He woke up on the ambulance ride over here and was lashing out so we had to put restraints on him." She answers me. "I didn't see any restraints." I say.

I hear a big crash from the room that the man is in. I run in to see the man trying to go after Sophia with a needle in his hand. "I need some help in here!!" I shout running over and grabbing the man's hand before he can hurt her. "Go." I urge her to leave the room. As she ran out Will, Connor, and Ethan ran into the room. Will and Ethan grabbed the guys arms while Connor grabbed the needle and then walking over to me and grabbing me around the shoulders, leading me out of the room.

"You alright?" I looked up at him through my lashes. "Yeah. Is Sophia alright? Where'd she run off to?" I ask looking around for her. "I'm not sure. She ran off that way." He says nodding his head towards the right. "Dr. Rhodes, Dr. Rose! Little help?" I hear Ethan through the door. "Restraints?" I ask sticking my head in. They both nod at me signaling to go get them. "Can you help them? I'll be back with restraints in a minute." I ask him before running off. I grab some restraints from the supply area before running back to the room. Connor was holding the mans feet still while Will and Ethan both had his arms and were holding his chest down.

"Dr. Choi, can you move his arm down here?" I ask motioning to the spot that I need to fasten it. Once the man's wrist is in and I have tightened the strap as tight as it could go and made sure it won't come off I move over to the other side, having Will do the same thing. Then I moved onto the man's feet. All three men watching what I was doing, except the guy thrashing around trying to get out. Seeing as Connor had to hold both of the guys feet I got one strap ready before grabbing his foot and starting to fasten it in the restraint. However, before I get it tight enough he pulls his foot out kicking me in the chest. I lay on the ground groaning from the pain. I sit there for a minute before I see three people standing over me.

"Are you okay? Let's get you up." Will says as he holds his hand out to me. "I'm good." I say grabbing onto his hand letting him pull me up. "Shit!" I exclaim from the pain in my chest. "Damn it! Fuck! OW!" I start letting profanities out of my mouth. "You aren't good." Connor says shaking his head. "I am, I just need to sit for a minute." I answer before I hear laughter. All four of us look over to see the man laughing. "Not so tough now are you?" He asks. "Don't...." Connor starts to defend me walking over to the man before I put a hand on his chest. Shaking my head I say, "Go get Dr. Charles. Have him come in here to talk to him, I'm gonna go find Sophia." I remove my hand from his chest.

"You need to have someone look at that. I can already see a bruise starting to form." Will says pointing to the top of my shirt where, sure enough, you can see a dark bruise starting to form. I sigh reluctantly. "You're lucky we're family." I say before walking out of the room. "Dr. Rose, Dr. Choi informed me of what happened, I presume you'll be having that looked at?" I hear Ms. Goodwin behind me. "Yep, just need to make a call first." I say wincing from the pain when I took a breath in. She nods before walking off.