Chapter 25

"Hey, wake up." I say shaking Zach's shoulder. He grumbles something under his breath. "Come on, you need to get up and get ready." I exclaim shaking him harder. "Fine." He groans pulling himself out of bed. I smile at him before skipping out of the room. "Genesis." I say in a singsong voice, walking into her room. "Get up and get ready for today." I shake her as well. "No." She slaps my hand away. "Fine then you don't get to see the surprise." I shrug and start to walk out of the room. I hear a shuffling noise before she shouts, "What surprise?!" "You won't know unless you get up."

After making sure they are awake, I skip into the kitchen to start making breakfast. As I was about to put the eggs in the pan I heard a knock on the door. "Hey." I say as I open the door. "Come in." I move off to the side. "How're you feeling?" He questions walking with me to the kitchen. "I'm good, a little sore. It would probably be worse if you weren't there to help." I say pulling him into a hug. "That's good."

"Did you eat breakfast this morning?" I ask pulling back and putting the eggs in the pan and turning on the stove. "No. Not yet." I roll my eyes at this. "What do you want for breakfast?" I questioned. "May I have some eggs and toast?" He requested. "Of course."

I finished making breakfast giving each person a serving of eggs and two pieces of toast. "Breakfast is ready!!" I call to Genesis and Zach who still weren't out of their rooms yet. "Thank you for breakfast." Connor wraps his arms around me, kissing my cheek before resting his head on my shoulder. "You're welcome. Now sit down and eat." I point to his food. He laughs before sitting down. Zach came into the room before Genesis and sat down on the other side of me.

"Took you long enough." I say sarcastically as Genesis walks into the room. "What are we doing today?" She asks ignoring my previous statement. "It's a surprise."

"Does Grace want to come with us?" I turn to Connor for the answer. "I don't know. She's at my apartment if you want to ask." He informs me taking a bite of his eggs. "Wait! He's allowed to know where we're going but we aren't?" She questions throwing her hands up in the air. I grin at her before walking out of the room.

I walk to Connor's apartment and open the door shouting, "honey, I'm home!!" "You're so weird." Grave says walking into the room. "Do you want to come to the aquarium with us?" I ignore her comment. "Yeah, sure. When are you guys leaving?" She asks walking down the hallway. "Whenever everyone is ready." I state following her. "Okay. I should be ready in about 30 minutes. Meet you at your apartment?" She walks into the bathroom. "Sounds good."

"What did she say?" Genesis asks as I walk back into the apartment. "She said yes, she'll meet us here in 30 minutes. Once she's here we're leaving." I answer eyeing my best friend who was still in her pajamas. "What?! I do my hair and makeup first." Rolling my eyes I turn to look at the clock. "Well go, hurry up and get dressed." I push her out of the room. "Zach are you ready to go?!" I shout down the hall. "Yeah. I'll be there in a minute!" He yells back.

"Ugh!" I groan face planting into the couch. Laughing, Connor picks up my feet and puts them in his lap. "It's not funny." I pout shoving my face in a pillow. "Sorry, sorry." He says before telling me to take my face out of the pillow. "You could suffocate."

"I'm here." Grace walks into the room. "Genesis!!! Zach!!!" I shout. "We're leaving! Hurry up!" Zach walks into the room before Genesis and asks if he can walk down to the car first. "No. I don't want anything to happen to you." I tell him pulling him into my arms. "Ugh. Fine." He says crossing his arms and jutting is bottom lip out. "That's not going to work this time." I say copying his stance.

"Ready to go?" Genesis asks walking into the room. "Yep let's go." I say pulling my self up off the couch. "You guys go ahead and take the elevator down. I'll walk with Zach down the stairs." Connor offers with a smile. Smiling back I pull him into a hug. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I whisper into his ear. "I'm sure. I want to try and get closer with Zach. Plus I need to ask him a question." "Oh yeah? What question?" He shakes his head responding, "It's not important."

"Okay. Let's head down." I exclaim turning to face the others. "What was that all about?" genesis asks while Grace just stands there smirking. "I don't know. He said he wants to become closer with Zach, and has a question for him." I shrug. "Hm. Weird." She says as the elevator comes to a stop. "We all exit the elevator and head to my car. "Are you guys cool with all three of you sitting in the back? Or do you want to take your car too Genie?" I ask unlocking my car. "I think I'll take my own car. Grace, do you want to come with me or go with Tiff?" "I'll go with you." She responds walking away with Genesis.

I look up upon hearing the passenger door open." "Hey." I say smiling at the two of them, Zach climbing in the back and Connor sitting in the front.

Zach's pov- shocking, I know

After hearing Connor's question for me I was shocked. I of course said yes, because I want Tiffany to be happy. I just didn't expect him to ask me. When we get the car Tiffany is sitting in the front seat, playing on her phone. "Hey." She smiles at us. "Hey. Where's Genesis and Grace?" I ask climbing in  the back seat. "They're going in Genie's car." She answers starting the car. "Okay. Where are we going?" I ask trying to get more information out of her. "Not telling." She teases smirking at me.

She turned on the radio, searching until she found a channel she liked. When we stopped I looked out the window to see a huge building, with a big neon sign out front reading aquarium. "No way!" I exclaim climbing from the car. "Yes way!" She says back giggling. I watch as Connor wraps his arms around her waist, and she gives him a kiss on the cheek. Smiling because he makes her extremely happy, I turn back around to see Genesis and Grace walking towards us. "Hey mom." I say breaking her out of her conversation with Connor.

"He calls you mom now?" He whispers under his breath. "It comes and goes." She responds turning towards me. "What's up?" She questions slinging an arm over my shoulder. I don't respond just point in the direction of her best friends. "Our surprise is the aquarium?" Genesis asks trying to look disappointed. "Yep, and don't even act like you don't like it."

Tiffany's pov

The group walks up to the ticket window thing, and I pay for the five of us to enter.  (I've only ever been to an aquarium once, so I'm going to be basing this off of that experience.) Walking in the first thing I see is a big pool area with some small stingrays swimming around, with a sign saying we can touch them. "Hey Zach..." I turn to ask him if her wants to pet them to see he was not there.

I look around to see he is already touching one. "They're so smooth!!" I exclaim running my hand along one of their backs. "Yeah! Huh, look!!" He gasps pointing to some people dressed up as mer people. "Let's keep going." I say pulling him along with me. We come up to a big glass tank with some big sharks swimming around in it.

"Tigers?!" I hear Zach exclaim. I look up to see two tigers laying in an exhibit. "Why are there tigers in an aquarium?!" I added surprised. "Why would you ask us? Like we would know!" Genesis retorted. Scoffing I turn on my heel and stomped away, pretending to be angry.

(I hope you all enjoyed this long overdue chapter. I will be putting out a chapter as soon as I can, I'm hoping sometime within the next few days. We're coming up to the end of the story, only five chapters left. With that being said, I'm going to try and put less of a gap between when I upload each chapter. Please vote and comment, to let me know how you're liking the story.

Little side note, if any of you are going through anything, and you just want someone to listen, or advice, you can always message me. I may not have all the answers, but I will do my best to help you with whatever it is.)