Chapter 13

Grace's Pov

"So, what's up with you and Kelly?" Tiffany asks as we are driving back to her apartment. "Nothing, why?" I ask keeping my eyes on the road. "There was a whole lot of blushing and giggling for it to be nothing." Alexandria adds from the back seat. "Oh, shush. You have no room to talk. You and Antonio are the next conversation." Tiffany says to her while laughing.

"Okay, but I saw you put a piece of paper in your pocket. Was that his number?" Tiffany asks. I didn't have to look at her to know that she was smirking. "Yes." I answer knowing I was blushing because of the heat on my cheeks. "So, what is happening between you two then?" she asks getting serious for a minute. "We are going on a date tonight." I say quietly while blushing. "Oooo, Grace and Kelly sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, second comes marriage, third comes the baby in the baby carriage." Tiffany laugh sings. "It's just one date." I say sighing.

"Well whatever. I'm going to help you get ready." Tiffany says. "Okay fine." I groan. "When is your date?" Alexandria asks from the back. "He is picking me up at 7:30" I tell the two of them. "Can you drop me off at my apartment before going to your place?" Alexandria asks. "Why?" Tiffany asks with a sad look on her face. "I want to go home and sleep." She answers giving Tiffany a pointed look.

After we had dropped off Alexandria, I turned and looked at her for a second before turning back to the road. "What's up with you and my brother?" I ask her smirking. "Nothing. Why?" She answers not even pausing to find the answer. "You seem really close. He likes you." I tell her being serious.

"He doesn't like me. He can't like me." I give her a questioning look as we are now sitting outside the apartment. "Why can't he?" I ask her because my brother really likes her. "I don't know if I can handle it." She looks down at her hands in her lap. "Look, I'm not saying you have to, but you should give him a chance." I say.

"I'll think about it. Now let's go get you ready for your date." She says getting out of the car. I follow her up to her floor. "Your apartment or mine?" She asks me. "Mine. I gave him my address not yours." I tell her. "Okay, you go shower. I'm gonna figure out what you're gonna wear." She starts pushing me towards the bathroom. "But..." I started. "No buts, Shower!!" She exclaims pushing me in the bathroom.

Tiffany's Pov

"Hey grace, what is his number?" I ask through the door. The water wasn't running yet so I just assumed she was still dry. After she told me his number I put it in my phone and texted him. 'Hey, this is Tiffany. What should Grace be wearing for your date tonight?' I got a text a few minutes later. 'Just something casual. Have her wear a swim suit underneath though.' Okay, I can work with this. I thought as I started going through her closet.

I pulled out a pair of comfortable yoga pants and paired them with a purple sleeveless peplum top. It took me a while, but I found where she had her swim suits and such. I grabbed a pink polka dotted one. A few minutes later and Grace knocked on the door. "Are you almost done?" She asks me. "Yeah. Let me wait in the hall." I tell her closing the door behind me. "Hey Tiffany. What are you doing here?" I here a voice ask as I'm leaning against the wall. I look up to see Connor standing there. "I'm helping Grace get ready for her date." I state. "She has a date? With who?!" he asks in a worried tone. "Kelly Severide." I tell him with a shrug.

"Okay Tiffany, you can come back in." Grace says though the door. "I'll talk to you later." I say before going back in and closing the door behind me.

Grace's Pov
Tiffany walks back in after I had gotten dressed. She had laid out a swim suit and an outfit so I put both on. "Okay, now for your hair and makeup." She says as soon as she sees me. "Sit." She commands pushing me in the chair in front of my vanity. "Makeup and then hair." She says pinning my bangs up out of my face. "Okay, I assume you are going to be going in water, so water proof makeup." She tells me as she starts applying it to my face. She had me turned away from the mirror and told me I wasn't allowed to see until she was done.