Chapter 6

(Edited)

I knew it was a dream. I just can't seem to wake up. Taking in my surroundings I see I am in an eerie looking forest. All the trees seemed to be dying. The dark clouds above giving me an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. I started walking before hearing little voices. I stopped walking and looked around trying to find the source, but it just stopped.

"I love you Tiffany." I heard a familiar male voice say. I looked around me trying to find who said it. "Come to me." The same voice commanded. Suddenly a bright light came from a ways ahead of me. The ground started to shake as I braced myself on a tree. "Hurry!" The voice called again. I looked behind me to see the ground was splitting. Soon it would catch me if I didn't run. So I ran. As I was almost to the lighted area, the ground in front of me fell. "Jump!" The voice spoke with urgency. I shook my head not sure if I could trust them. "I'll catch you." I looked behind me to see the crack getting bigger, took a deep breath, and jumped.

I jumped up in bed before I could find out what happens next. 'That was strange.' I thought looking at the clock. My eyes widened when I saw it was already 6:30. "Holy H-E- double hockey sticks! I'm gonna be late!" I shouted jumping out of bed and running to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair before running back to my room and grabbing something out of the closet. I ended up in a blue peplum top and white jeans. Oh well, it will have to work. I grabbed my flats and ran into the living room to see Connor and Genesis.

"Oh....hey guys." I said awkwardly scratching the back of my head. I saw how close they were sitting and felt a pang in my chest. 'Hmm, wonder why that is.' I thought. "I was wondering if you wanted a ride to work?" Connor says as more of a question. "Oh, sure."

The ride to the hospital was quiet. When we pulled up we both hopped out of the car and walked towards the door. "Goodmorning Dr. Rhodes, Dr. Rose." April said as we walked in. "Morning." We both answered in perfect sync. April looked at us as though we were crazy before we both walked away to get ready for our shifts.

"Dr. Rose." Ms. Goodwin came up to me. Today I want you to work with Dr. Manning." She says as we walk down the hall. "Dr. Manning!" The other doctor turns around to see who called her and walks over quickly. "This is Dr. Rose. She will be shadowing you today." Dr. Manning nods before Ms. Goodwin leaves. "Dr. Rose. You have a patient. I was asked to get you to look after them." A nurse comes up handing me a clipboard. "Thank you." I state turning to Dr. Manning. "I'll come find you when I'm done."

I walk into the room to find Detective Voight. "Hank, what happened?" I ask walking in. "I was shot in the line of duty. I knew you could help me easily so I asked for you." He replied. You may be wondering how I know Hank. Well, my dad and him were super close when I was younger. My dad and mom got divorced when I was really little and dad lived in Chicago. I would come stay with him during the summer until I turned 17. "Okay. Let me patch you up." I tell him with a sigh. He takes off his vest and shirt to reveal a shoulder wound. I'm gonna have to remove the bullet. Okay?" I get his permission first. "Of course."

After removing the bullet I cleaned up the wound and stitched him up. "You need to be more careful." I told him shaking my head. "Alright. I'll make sure to be careful." He tells me with a little laugh. "Good. Comeback by if you need anything." I give him a hug after he puts his shirt back on. He nods hugging me back. He takes out his notepad and writes something down on it, before ripping the paper out. "If you need anything, anything at all, this is my number. Call me or text me." He tells me suddenly serious. "Okay. I will. It was nice seeing you again." I respond. He waves to me before leaving.