Chapter 5

(Edited)

When we arrived at the apartment building, Connor headed to his apartment to change. "Genesis! Are you ready to go out?" I called from my room changing. "Not yet! Give me a minute." She shouted back.

I put on a pair of jeans and a blue tank top with a white vest over the top. "Okay! I'm ready to go." I walked into the living room. "Genesis you ready? Connors here!" I shout to her when I hear a knock at the door. Opening the door I find Connor in a white and blue plaid button up and a pair of jeans. "You look nice." He says. "Thanks. You do too." I answered blushing a bit. Genesis entered the room after that and looked suspiciously at me. "Why is your face all blushy?" I looked at her alarmed. "It's not blushy!!! I don't think that's even a word!" I responded a little too loud. "Okay. No need to yell. Lets go?"

-Skip car ride (cause I'm a magic unicorn)-

We got to the bar in about 15 minutes. walking in I saw a lot of people from the hospital and a lot of people I didn't know. "Why are they cheering?!" I yelled over the noise of people clapping and shouting. "You'll see in a minute." Connor responded before heading towards the stage. I looked over at Genesis expecting her to be confused as well only to find her smirking. "What did you two do?!" I asked suspiciously. Putting her hands up in defense she says, "I didn't do anything! Why is it always my fault?"

Turning my attention back to the stage I saw Connor looking at me. "Okay! Listen up everyone!" He waited until the cheers dies down before continuing. "Tonight we are gonna have a special guest come up here to sing for you all. Please give a big welcome to Miss Tiffany Rose!!!" Hearing my name I froze. This is something not many people know about me but I have really really bad stage fright. Standing there lost in my toughts completely oblivious to the cheering around me, I thought back to the 5th grade talent show.

-flashback-

Today I will be singing the song 'Good Girl' by Carrie Underwood. I have on a black flowy dress down to my knees. I looked in the mirror and with as much confidence as I could muster I said "You can do this." Although I love singing and being on stage, I am really nervous. I'll be singing in front of the whole school. 'What if I mess it up?' That little voice in the back of my head said. I walked to the back stage area and was waiting for my name to be called. "Up next, with her cover of 'Good Girl' Tifanny Rose!" They announced my name. I walked on stage and smiled at everybody waving to my class.

I got really into the song and dance I had prepared when I accidentaly stepped on my dress. I ended up ripping a big whole in the side and falling. 'Everybody is laughing at me.' I thought as things seemed to be goint in slow motion. Coming to my senses I got up and ran off the stage crying. I ran into the bathrooom still crying and looked in the mirror. I looked horrible! My hair had become messy when I fell or when I was running. My eyes where all red and bloodshot. I changed out of the dress into a pair of sweats and a T-shirt. Throwing the dress away as I didnt want to be reminded of what happened today.

-end of flashback-

That was the day I got stage fright. I haven't sang in front of anyone that wasn't my family or Genesis since. I was made fun of for months after that incident. I came back to my senses when Connor waved his had in front of my face. Looking around the room I noticed everyone looking at me waiting for me to get on stage.

"You gotta sing!" Genesis tells me. I look at her wide eyed and rapidly shake my head. "No. No. No. No! That's not a good idea." I say still shaking my head. I stop when I see Genesis and Connor share a knowing look and try to make my exit when I'm grabbed by the waist and thrown over Connors shoulder. "No! Connor put me down! No! I'm not singing!" I can be very stubborn at times. I stop struggling when I am set down in front of the mic.

I turn around expecting to leave only to crash into Connor. "I'm not singing! I can't." I tell him whisper shouting. "You can and you will." He says rubbing my shoulders slightly. "I have major stage fright." I whisper to him. "You can either regret not doing it, or you can feel what it's like to be on stage again." I hear Genesis from behind me. "Please, Do it for me?" She asks. I give her an unsure look but nod anyway. The two of them clime off stage.

I turn back to the mic still unsure. "I don't even know what I'm supposed to sing." I say causing everyone to laugh. "How about don't you worry child?" Genesis shouts. 'Okay. I got this.' I thought, although I could still hear the little voice in the back of my mind telling me I was gonna fail. Genesis got the karaokee version playing over the speakers and I began to sing along. "There was a time..."

(Her singing voice will be represented by Beth. In the video above is what the song would sound like.)

After I finished singing I looked out at everybody to see them clapping and cheering. I smiled at everyone when suddenly I was being spun around and around. I started laughing like a lunatic. Looking to see it was Connor spinning me I smiled at him. "You did it!" He exclaims. "I did!" I yelled back with just as much, if not more, enthusiasm.

-Skip till they are home (cause I can)-

"I can't believe I actually did it." I say to Genesis that night as we ate the Chinese take out that we ordered. "I'm proud of you. You conquered one of your fears today." I nod at her smiling. "I'm gonna clean this up and get ready for bed. Gotta work tomorrow." I told her looking at the clock. I finished the little amount of dishes we used and walked back into the little living room area. "Goodnight Tiff." Genesis said as I was about to leave the room. I looked back at her and smiled. "Goodnight Genie." I called to her.

'Maybe moving here wasn't such a bad idea.' was my last thought before drifting off to sleep. 

(Hey guys! I finally updated. I hope you all liked it. Leave a comment if you liked it or not. Always looking for feedback. I am going to have a special guest in the next chapter. Who do you think its going to be?)