Chapter 11

I met up with Natalie after the shift was over, successfully avoiding both Will and Connor throughout the day. "You ready to go?" Natalie asks me. "Physically or emotionally?" I ask back. She laughs and walks out the door with me following suit. "I'm gonna text my friend tell her I'll be a little later tonight alright?" I ask once we climb in her car. "Of course." 

(T=Tiffany G=Genesis)

T:Hey, I'm gonna be a little later coming home tonight. 

G:Why?

T: I'm going somewhere with a friend from work. She saw the scars.

G: What? What are you going to tell her? 

T: The truth, or at least part of it. 

G: Be careful, You know what happened last time. 

T: I don't think she'll hurt me because of it though. 

G: Okay. Tell me when you are on your way home. 

T: I will, Can you get Zach to bed by 9:30? 

G: Yeah, sure. 

T: Thank you so much!

I put my phone in my lap, looking over at Natalie. "All good?" She asks me. "Yep, Where are we going?" I ask her yet another question. "I figured we would go to Molly's. You alright with that?" She looks over at me before looking back at the road. "Yep." I say popping the P. 

When we pulled up outside of Molly's I started getting a little nervous. My hands were sweating and you could see them shaking. As we got out of the car and walked towards the door I started playing with the ring on my right hand, pinky finger. It's a nervous habit of mine. "What can I get you?" Asks a man with a bit of an accent that I couldn't pinpoint. "Hey Herman, Can I have a beer?" Natalie asks the man. "Yeah, for you?" He looks over at me. "Um, may I have a beer as well?" I ask. Gotta keep it simple. "Hey!" Someone says behind us. Natalie and I both turn around. I recognize it was detective Lindsay from Hank's team. 

"Hey." I greet before turning back around. "So, Natalie invited me. She said you have some pretty nasty scars and you wanted to talk about it." Erin sits beside me. "That was between me and her, she didn't need to bring other people into this." I said meaner than I meant to. "Now, tell me the real reason she invited you." I look at her. "She wants you to be safe." Erin looks at me sympathetically. I take a drink of the beer herman brought me. 

"I am safe." I say. "How'd you get those scars then?" Natalie asks. "Can we talk about it somewhere else? I don't want anyone else hearing." Natalie and Erin share a look. "Yeah." They answer simultaneously. We head out to Erin's car after paying Herman. "Do you want to go to my apartment?" Erin asks looking back at me through the mirror. I just nod my head at her telling her to go there. 

"So, what happened?"Natalie asks once the three of us are seated on Erin's couch with a couple cases of beer and some wine surrounding us. I take a sip of the wine before answering. "My mom and my ex." They both looked at me for a few minutes expecting me to continue. "What did they do?" Erin asks after I don't continue my sentence. "My mom and dad got divorced when I was little. My dad was great. He lived up here in Chicago. I would visit him every summer. My mom, she used to abuse me, say it was my fault her and my dad divorced. Sometimes my mom would get angry with me and just yell, telling me things like, 'You were adopted, I never wanted you.' Or things insulting my weight, calling me names. Other times, most of the time she would get physical. She would hit me, punch me. Sometimes she would have her friends come over to help her. She would invite her male friends over and have them do.... sexual things to me."