Chapter 9

I woke up in a forest, again. This one blooming. The trees had lively green leaves and the soft grass was cold under my bare feet. I walked a little farther in to find a field. A field surrounded by trees. No! I think a meadow would describe this better. Little purple flowers were blooming throughout the meadow. I walked a little farther in before hearing a twig snap. It didn't come from underneath me though. There is no twigs or branches beneath my feet. 

I stopped to listen. Nothing was happening and then, SNAP!!! I spun around fast on my heels to face the other side of the meadow. Through the thick trees you could see a shadow. It looked human but you couldn't really be sure. Much like the last time you couldn't see their face. "Tiffany!" A voice called out. It sounded like it was coming from the shadow. "Come fast!" They shouted. 

Not understanding why  needed to go towards them I looked around for anything that might hurt me. That's why I was called last time. When I turned fully around I came face to face with four horse sized wolves. They were stalking slowly towards me. After hearing their growls, I ran. I feared for my life and ran towards the shadow. I reached my hand out to grab their outstretched hand. 

"HUH!!" I sat up in bed gasping for air. I looked around and realized I was in my room still. The alarm clock on my bedside table displaying the time 3:14. Knowing I wasn't going to be falling back asleep anytime soon, I decided to take a bath. I got up as best as I could without waking Zack and grabbed some clothes with me into the bathroom. I turned on the water and waited for it to be the right temperature before plugging the drain. Once the tub was full, I stripped out of my sweaty pajamas from the night before. 

For a while I just sat there enjoying the warm water and questioning why I was having these dreams. I don't know what inspired them, or why I'm having them, but I plan on finding out. After about an hour of being in the tub, I finally decided to get out. I had already washed my hair and body. I looked at my phone to see it was already 4:30. 'Wow! I guess I was in there longer than I thought.'

I got dressed in a pair of blue jeans paired with a purple top. 'Perfect.' I thought finishing my hair and makeup. My hair was french braided into pigtails on the side of my face. I had done a smokey eye along with my usual foundation, concealer, setting powder, and highlight. For my lips I just put a small amount of lip gloss. 

After i was ready for the day, I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. "What to make for today?" I asked myself looking through the fridge. "How about pancakes?" A voice came from behind me. "Holy crap cakes!" I yelled jumping and hitting my head on the fridge at the same time. "You scared the living pancakes out of me!" I yelled turning around to face my smirking best friend. "Pancakes?" She questioned confused. "It's the only thing I could think of." I replied awkwardly. 

"Haha, I'm sorry for scaring you." She says while laughing. "But seriously, why not make pancakes?" She asks calming down a bit. "Yeah, it was really funny. I think I will make pancakes though." I say the first part sarcastically before becoming serious again. After mixing the batter for the pancakes I look at the time, 6:45, good. We needed to be at work by 8:00, which meant Connor and I had to leave by 7:30 incase there was traffic. 

I had finished about 30 pancakes by 7:05. Deciding I needed to repay connor somehow for the rides to work, I walked over to his door. I knocked five times and then waited. He opened the door seemingly ready for work. "Hey, do you want to come over for breakfast? I made pancakes and I don't think we'll eat all of them by ourselves." I ask him. "Sure. Can I bring someone over with me? I think you'll like her." He asks me. My heart sinks at the thought of him with another girl. I was confused. 'I don't have feelings for him. I can't.' "Yeah sure! Whenever you're ready you can just walk in. The door will be unlocked." I say putting on a fake smile before walking off.