Chapter 8

(picture is what Zach looks like.)

"Tiffany. Tiffany. Tiffany wake up." I heard coming from the right of me. "What is it?" I ask sitting up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Once my eyes had adjusted, I saw Zach with tears on his cheeks. "What's wrong?!" I sat up wrapping my arms around him. "I- I had a nightmare about my parents." He tells me stuttering a little at the beginning. "I'm afraid to be alone." He continues. "Do you want to stay in here with me?" I asked the boy who quickly nods while climbing into the other side of the bed. "Goodnight Zach." I tell him. "Goodnight Tiffany." I hear just as I drift off back to sleep.

"Tiff. Tiffany. Wake up." I woke up for the second time to see my best friend standing above me. "You need to get up for work." She tells me smiling softly. "Thank you." I whispered crawling out of bed. I got up and got in the shower. The smell of my honey shampoo and lavender body wash wafting together. After I got out I plugged in my blow dryer. When my hair was dry I decide to do something a little different with it. I put it into two French braids down the side of my head. I walked out of the bathroom wearing a pair of blue jeans and a red top.

When I walked into the living area I saw Genesis watching TV. "Do you want some breakfast?" I asked my best friend. "Sure!" She answers really cheerful. "Are you okay with scrambled eggs?" I ask her smiling. "Of course."

I ended up making scrambled eggs for Genesis, Zach, and I. Along with a piece of cinnamon toast and fruit. When I went to wake Zach up he was rolling around in his sleep. It looks like he is having a nightmare. "Zach. Zach! Come on. Wake up!" I shake him gently trying to get him up. He sits up in bed so fast I don't have time to move and our heads end up hitting each other. "Ow!" We both exclaimed grabbing our foreheads.

Zach looked at me before he started to laugh. "You think this is funny, huh?" I joke with him. "I'll show you funny." I tell him after he nods. I start to tickle him causing him to laugh harder. "Stop! Stop! Truce!" He shouts so I stop tickling him. "I made breakfast." I tell him getting up. "Okay. What do you want me to wear today?" He asks as I'm about to leave. "Tell you what, you wear that for today. Tonight we can go shopping for some new​ clothes. Sound like a deal?" I ask him. "That sounds nice. Thank you."

We walk to the kitchen together and sit down at the table to eat our breakfast. Half way through eating we hear a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" I say getting up and walking to the door. On the other side of.the door I see Connor in a red button up shirt and jeans. "Hey!" I said happily. "Hi." He responds. "Would you like to come in?" I ask after an awkward silence. "Oh, yeah thanks." He answers.

Connor walks into the room and looks around for a minute. "Would you like a ride to work?" He asks shoving his hands in his pockets. "I would love a ride....But I promised Zach I would take him shopping after work." "I can drive you!" Connor says quickly. "Well, let's ask Zach if he is okay with that." I tell him letting him come in. "Zach, is it alright if Connor takes us to the store after work? Or do you want to take a taxi?" I ask him with a smile. "I thought it was just gonna be the two of us. Can we take a taxi please?" He answers my question. "Oh, I could give you a ride to and from work then you guys could go?" Connor says in a questioning tone of voice.

"That works. Let me go grab my bag and we can go." I say running off to my room.

-Skipping till after work cause that's when the good stuff happens-

"Thank you for driving me." I tell Connor as we walk up to our rooms. "No problem. Would you like a ride tomorrow?" He asks. " That would be great thanks." I say as we reach my apartment. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I ask about to walk into my apartment. "Okay see you tomorrow." He walks off.

Sighing softly I enter the apartment. "Zach, ready to go?!" I call out. "Yeah! I'm coming!" He shouts back. I wait for him at the front door. I called a taxi while I waited. "Alright let's go." I say when Zach comes into view.

We waited outside for the taxi. Five minutes later it pulled up in front of us. Zach and I climbed in. "Where to ma'am?" The driver ask looking into the mirror. "Is there a mall close by here?" I ask him. "Yes ma'am. Would you like to go there?" He asks again. "Yes please." I responded.

"We're here." The taxi driver states. I looked at the total on the thing, (I don't know what it's called) to see the price was 42.50. As I got out I handed the driver $50. "Go ahead and keep the change." I said. "Ready?" I asked Zach as we walked away. "Yep!" He exclaims popping the p. 

After stopping at a lot of different stores, Zach started complaining about being hungry so we went to the food court. After we got out food we sat down and talked for a little while until I felt something cold all over my front side. "Oh my gosh! I am so so sorry." I heard a female voice say. I looked up to see a pretty girl with straight blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

"No, no. It's fine. Accidents happen." I tell the worries girl. "You aren't mad? She questions. "Of course not. I'm Tiffany. You are?" I ask smiling at her. "I'm grace." She tells me. "Well Grace it's nice to meet you. Would you like to sit down with us?" I ask gesturing to the seat across from me. I looked over at Zach who was to the left of me to see that he got some of the drink on him too. "Sure!" Grace replies sitting down across from us. "We will be right back. We are gonna go change." I tell her standing up. I picked up all the bags. Handing an outfit to Zach as we reached the bathrooms I said, you go change. I'm going to change to. What did you think I would come to the mall and not get me something?

After the two of us changed we walked back to our table to see Grave right were we left her. After we sat down the three of us talked for a while. "Oh there you are Gracie!" A girl walked up to us. She had brown hair and dark chocolate colored eyes. "Oh, who's this?" She asks turning to us. "This is Tiffany and Zach." She answers. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Alexandria."  She sticks her hand out for me to shake. Shaking her hand I say, "it's nice to meet you too."

After about an hour more of talking, I look at my phone and realize what time it is. "Oh, it was nice to meet you both, but we have to go finish shopping and head home." I tell both of the girls before standing up. "Wait! Can we get your number?" Gracie asks. "Sure!" I exclaims happy to have made friends. I wrote my number down on a napkin and handed it to them.

We were at the mall for another hour before heading home. I got Zach a couple things to decorate his room with, 20 shirts, 15 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of shorts, a cell phone, and iPod, bathroom essential, socks, and underwear. Let me tell you now, we were both very awkward when it came to the underwear.

After we got home we walked into the living room to find Genesis, Connor, and Hank. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask walking farther into the room. "We were worried about you. Do you know how long you were gone for? Did you change? What happened while you were gone?" Genesis started rambling. "Whoa, calm down. A girl accidentally spilled her drink on us so we had to change our clothes. We just started talking to her and her friend. That's why it took so long." I cut her off answering all of her questions. "Oh." She squeaks out.

"I'm sorry we worried you." Zach speaks up from beside me. I looked at the time. "Zach I think you should go get ready for bed." I say to him. "But I'm not tired!" He whined at me. I gave him a look that left no room for arguing. "Fine!" He sighed before walking towards his room with his bag.

"You are going to be a great mother someday." Hank tells me smiling softly. "Thanks Hank, but what if I make the same mistakes my mother did?" I don't want to put a child through that.

After talking with Hank and Connor for a little while they both decided to head home to get some sleep and to let me sleep.

"I'm going to bed." I tell Genesis. "Night Genie." I say walking away. "Night Tiff." She calls back as I approach my room. I walking shocked to see Zach laying in my bed sound asleep. Laughing softly to myself I head to my bathroom with my pajamas. After putting them in and brushing my teeth I head back into my room. 

I crawl into bed next to Zach sighing. "Everything will be okay in the end. Goodnight Zach." I whisper even though he is already asleep. Soon I fell into a deep sleep.