Chapter 21

*One week later

"Are you ready?" Genesis asks with her hands over my eyes. "As ready as I ever." I say nervously. It had been a week since Connor and I's last date, and Connor had asked me to go on another. I was going to say no, and stay home with Genesis, but she was really insistent on me going out with him tonight. Genesis spins me around, removing her hand to let me see. "Well?" She asks. "Um." I say. "This is what I had on earlier?" I say questioning her. "Well yeah, you didn't need to change." She answers taking a step back. "So you made me sit here and try on clothes without looking for two hours, just to be wearing the same thing?" I ask her as she laughs nervously.

"Okay, go, leave. Go to his apartment." She says excitedly pushing me out the door. "The door is open." She says slamming our door. Confused I walk over to his apartment, and sure enough the door was unlocked. Inside, all the lights were off and the windows covered. The only light was a soft glow coming from one of the rooms at the end of the hallway. "Connor?" I ask walking slowly towards the room. I received no response, just heard a muffled sound of music. I walk into the room to see a fort built out of blankets, a bunch of candles lying around, producing the light glow. There was a record player sitting a little bit away from the fort, playing slow music. "Hey." I hear as arms snake there way around my waist. Laughing slightly I say, "You scared me." He chuckles before releasing me. I turn around to face him seeing he is smiling at me. "You look wonderful." He compliments. "Thanks. You look great too." I return the compliment.

"What do you have in mind for our date? Seeing as it's already...6:30." I tell him as he walks over to the record player. "Well, I thought we could get to know each other better. I figure we don't know very much about each other." He says nervously scratching the back of his head. "That sounds like a plan. How are we going to do this? Just ask random questions, or are we going based on a list?" I ask him. "We're going to be asking random questions." He answers me as we both sit down in the blanket fort. "Do you want to go first, or do you want me to go first?" I ask him grabbing one of his hands from my sitting position. "You first, and you have to answer the question that you ask too." He answers bringing our intertwined hands up to his soft lips.

"Okay, umm, biggest pet peeve?" I ask biting my lip. "You know? I'd have to say when people sing Happy birthday to me." He says laughing. "Oh my gosh! It's so uncomfortable! Like what do you do? Just sit there and try not to turn red? My biggest pet peeve is loud chewing. It's just so annoying." I say cringing at the thought.

"Haha, okay, best memory?" He laughs. "I'm going to have to say this time I came up with my dad, or adoptive dad, but he took me out in the woods, and he set up this cute table, and had these draping lights. We just sat there and talked and laughed for hours, we danced, and just had a really good time." I answer him. He smiles before lying down next to me on his right side. "Mine was when I ran into this girl. She was moving into this apartment building, I helped her bring her boxes up." Surprised I look at him with big eyes. "Who was this girl?" I ask smirking at him.

Laughing he responds, "When is your birthday?" "My birthday is on November 1st." I said. "You do realize it's the 31st of October, right?" He asks smirking. "What?! No, it's not!" I exclaim pulling out my phone. "It is! It's Halloween! We have to dress up and go out!!" I exclaim. I grab his hand and start pulling him up so we can go. "Wait what?!" He exclaims confused. "Yeah! Come on! We can go to Molly's." I say still pulling him. "But what do we dress up as?" He asks trying to stop me from continuing out the door. Opening the door I see a big bag with a sticky note on it. 'Figured you would realize what day it was and want to go out-Genesis.' "We where whatever is in this bag!" I exclaim picking it up. "Okay, well what's in the bag?" He asks. I open the bag and take out what's inside. Laughing I show it to Connor. "She expects us to wear this?" He asks pointing. "Yup." I get up and walk back to the room we were in before, grabbing my phone.