Chapter 24

Four months later

"Dr. Rose, you're needed in the trauma center." Maggie informs pulling me away from my conversation with Natalie. "Gotta run."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"How was work?" Connor asks as I cuddle into his side on my couch. Genesis is at work, and Zach didn't feel good so he was resting. "We work together." I reminded​ raising one eyebrow. "I know, but we don't see each other the whole time." He responds. "I still want to know how you are." He says nudging me in the side. "In that case, good. I worked with Will for most of the day."

"I think that he has fire powers." I say pointing to the TV. "No way, if Elsa has ice powers, and he had fire powers, he could have just used his fire powers to stop her." He says shaking his head. "Well then why does he wear the gloves all the time? And he puts out the candle with his bare hands, without getting burned!!" I exclaim sitting up.

"You guys are weird." The two of us shared a look before turning around to find my brothers, Genesis, and Grace. Genesis was holding two six packs of strawberry daiquiris and Jay was holding two six packs of beer. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask awkwardly shifting in my seat. "We were supposed to hang out tonight. Remember?" Jay reminds holding up the beers. "Oh right." I awkwardly stand up. "I forgot." "We can see that." Grace inquires winking at Connor and I.

"Wake up you lazy people!!!!" I yell, while Connor is banging a spoon on a metal pot. The people scattered around my living room let out small groans, trying to go back to sleep. "I made breakfast?!" I shout out a lie, watching as people got up and scrambled to the kitchen for food. We hear many groans of protest in unison and smile at each other. "You're a liar!" Grace comes out and glares playfully at me. "What?! I am not!" I deny shaking my head. "You said you made breakfast." Genesis adds in. "Nuh-uh! I..I said I would make breakfast!" I exclaim another lie. "No you didn't." Jay and Will say together. "Ugh, fine. Do you guys want to go out for breakfast?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Thank you, have a good rest of your day!" The lady behind the counter says handing me the receipt. "You guys are so needy." I complain walking outside. "It's your fault for lying to us." Jay points out laughing. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I say rolling my eyes at him. "Who's riding with me?"

"Hey, Zach, wake up. I brought you some soup." I tell him, holding a bowl of soup. "Thank you." He replies, taking the bowl. "Feel better soon." I whisper kissing the top of his head and leaving the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Why not?" Genesis complains. "We could even bring Grace and Kelly, and Jay and Erin!" She exclaims. "What if I don't want to go on a double.... quadruple date with my best friends and brothers?!" I question her raising an eyebrow. "Oh come on, it'll be fun." Connor butts in from beside me. Locking eyes with him, I sigh before nodding my head. "If you can convince the others to agree to it then we'll go." I inform her. "Yay!"

One week later

"Are you ready to go?" Genesis asks. "I guess." I sigh walking into the living room where the guys were waiting for us. "Took you long enough! Jay exclaims. "Erin you look great." He adds as an after thought. "Mhm." She says rolling her eyes. "Why did you agree to this?" I ask her sarcastically. "I have no idea. Why did you agree to it?" Looking over at Connor I say, "I guess I'm just a sucker for those blue eyes." I say rolling my matching blue ones.

------------------------------------------------------------

"That's like saying that Scar is the good guy." Connor argues looking at me. "I'm telling you, Anna and Elsa are Rapunzel's cousins, on the way to Rapunzel's wedding their parent's ship wrecked, it's the shipwreck that Ariel sees in the beginning of the Little mermaid, but they didn't actually die, they washed up on shore and had a son, Tarzan, but they were later killed by a wildcat." I explain my reasoning.

"Tell us the one about Scar." Genesis requests leaning forward. "Before his name was scar, his name was Taka. It means garbage. His parents literally named their kids King and Garbage." I inform. "How did you find that out?" Grace questions. "From the novel." I say nonchalantly taking a bite of my steak. "There's a novel?!" Jay questions excited. "Yeah. I have all of the books in the series if you want to borrow them." I say raising a brow.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Despite what I want to say, I had fun tonight." I admit to my friends and family as we are standing outside the restaurant. Everyone through in their own form of agreement before we bid our farewells and headed home. "Thank you for coming." I whisper pulling Connor into a hug.

"Of course." He says hugging me back and kissing the top of my head. "I love you." He mumbles still hugging me. "I love you too." I whisper back. "Goodnight." I say pulling put of the hug.

"Goodnight." He replies walking next door to his apartment. After he disappeared inside I smile, walking into my apartment. Inside I see Zach and Genesis sitting on the couch watching The Little Mermaid.

"Awe, I love this movie!" I exclaim throwing myself down on the couch next to Zach. "Are you feeling any better?" I ask putting my arm around him.

"Yeah, I actually feel a lot better." He answers pausing the movie. "How was your date?" He questions, handing me a bowl. "Can you please make me some more popcorn?" He asks jutting his bottom lip out and making his eyes wide.

"No, I can not, and it was good." I answer rolling my eyes. He sticks his lip out farther and starts making fake whimpering noises. "Ugh, fine!" I exclaim throwing my hands up in the air. The only problem being that I had the bowl still in my hands and ended up throwing it in the air too. "Oh no!" I yell covering Zach so that none of the glass would hit him.

Since I had covered Zach and not myself, some of the glass ended up hitting me in the side. "Ow." I say getting up and looking at the mess on the floor. "Are you guys okay?" I ask looking at Genesis and Zach.

"Yeah, but you're not." Genesis stammered pointing to my side. Looking down I notice a rip in my shirt, and a all blood stain  coming from a spot on my side.

"Oh." I say sighing. I grab my phone and dial Connor's number. "Hey, um, can you come over here? I need help." I say awkwardly looking at Grace and Zach. After he agrees I bend over and start picking up pieces of glass. After all the big pieces are picked up and thrown away I go to grab the broom before hearing a knock on the door. "Come in." I shout bringing the broom out, only for it to be taken out of my hand by Genesis.

"She needs help, she's got a cut in her side." Genesis says pointing. "Way to throw me under the bus." I mumble looking at her.

"Come here." He says leading me to my bathroom. He pays the counter next to the sink, waiting for me to sit. "I need you to take off your shirt." He says looking away. I take off my shirt and watch as he looks over the wound. "Do you have..."

"In the closet, the blue tub." I say cutting him off. He gets the tub out and opens it grabbing some tweezers, and gauze. After he wraps my side up, he stands back and crosses his arms. "I didn't mean to! I flung my hand up and it flew out of my hands!" I exclaim, before he can even ask what happened.

"You need to be more careful." He says pulling me into a comforting hug. We sit there for a few more minutes before I break the silence.

"Do you want to come to the aquarium tomorrow? I'm going to be surprising Zach and Gennie." I ask excitedly. "Zach's never been to an aquarium, and the aquarium is Gennie's favorite place ever." I explain, noticing the confused look on his face.

"That sounds nice. For now though," he starts grabbing my waist and pulling me off the counter. "I love you, goodnight." He says as I pull a shirt over my head and we walk to the door.

Sorry for the long overdue update. I've been super busy lately. So as some of you may know, I've been doing online school, so it wasn't as difficult to update, but I will know in a few days if I got into a different school. If I did get into the school I will not have much time during the school day to write, but I'll do my best.

Thank you all for suffering through this extremely crappy chapter. If you liked it please leave a comment and vote.