Chapter 23

"Surprise!!" I heard as Connor and I  walked into my apartment around 11 o'clock. All of my friends and favorite people were standing around the room. Laughing softly I walk fully into the room. "What's this all about?"  I ask Genesis. "It's your birthday, we had to do something huge!" She shouts doing Jazz hands.

"We don't need to do but thing for my birthday anymore. I'm not a little kid anymore." I say pulling her into a hug.   "You smell good." She says winking. Looking down to avoid eye contact, I mumble a quick thanks before walking over to Zach who was standing near the kitchen door. "Hey!!" He exclaims pulling me into a hug. "Do you like it?! I helped plan it!!" He asks with a big grin on his face. "This is great! Thank you so much." I pull him into another hug. "I'll talk to you in a little bit." I inform letting go and walking over to Jay and Will, who were accompanied​ by Erin. "Happy birthday!!" Jay shouts picking me up and spinning me around. "Gosh you're getting old." Will says pulling me into a one armed hug after Jay put me down. "So that makes me older and wiser than you?" I question sarcastically pushing his arm away. "Ouch! I'm so hurt, I don't know what to say." He puts his hand over his chest and rivals my sarcasm. "Hank wants to talk to you." I hear in my ear. "Okay. I'll see you guys later!" I say turning to walk away with Connor. "Hey Connor, can we talk to you for a minute?" Will asks as we're about to leave. "Yeah sure." He smiles down at me before walking towards them. "If you hurt her...."

"Happy birthday." Hank pulls me into a hug before I can hear the rest of what Jay was saying. " Thank you." I answer wrapping my arms around him as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Can I talk to you?" I hear behind me. "Yeah sure." I smile following him into one of the back rooms. "What's up?" I ask sitting down and patting the seat next to me. "We need to talk...about us." He says rubbing his hand on the back of his neck. "Uh oh." I bite my lip worriedly. "It's not bad." He rushes, putting his hands out. "Okay." I nod.

"I want to be more. I want to be able to call you mine. I want us, to be together. I don't want any other guy to be able to capture your attention like me." He starts putting his hand into his pocket and pulling put a small jewelry box. "Con.." I start. "No. Let me finish." He stops me. "I give you this ring, as a promise to you. A promise that I'll be here and always be true. I promise that I'll hold you when your day isn't going right, and I will comfort you through the long cold night. I promise that I'll make you smile, when you feel like dying. I promise that I'll be here when you feel like crying. I promise that I will guide you when the future isn't clear. I promise to be there to wipe away your every tear. I promise that no matter what we will make it through. I give you this ring as a promise. A promise that I will always be here for you. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" He asks opening the small box to reveal a small infinity ring with two small diamonds on the ends. (Picture above^)

"You didn't need to do all this." I muttered. "But I wanted to. What do you say? Will you be my girlfriend?" E questions again with a worried look on his face. "It would be stupid to let a guy like you slip through my fingers." I tell him laughing. "Is that a yes?" He asks. Leaning in I grab his face and pull him into a soft kiss. "Does that answer your question?" I ask resting my forehead against his with a small smile on my face. He nods before leaning in and kissing me again. "Hey..."

Looking over at the door I see Zach, Genesis, Jay, and Will standing awkwardly. "We, um, we want to cut the cake." Genesis says awkwardly looking down. "Okay. Yeah. We'll be out in a second." I respond turning to smile at Connor. They nod before leaving the room. "Let's go." I tell him grabbing his hand. "Wait." He pulls me back into him. Slowly he slides the ring onto my ring finger on my right hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"You know you don't have to do this?" "Of course I do. They're my parents. I need to meet them at some point." I respond answering Jay's question. Sighing he nods and leads me into the restaurant.

(I don't know what happened between Jay and Will's parents, so I'm just going to write it like this. Also I don't know their names, so I'm going to make up my own.)

"Jay! Will! Oh you must be Tiffany!! Oh how I've missed you." A lady exclaims while she pulls me into a hug. "Umm, yeah. And you must be Sarah?" I question after she pulls away. "Yes, but you can call me mom." She says with a hopeful smile on her face. Smiling lightly at her I turn to look at Jay and Will. "Mom this is the first time she's met you. Give it some time." Will interjects coming to the rescue. "You're right. I'm getting ahead of myself." Sarah sighs sitting back down.

"Hi, what can I get y'all to drink?" The waiter comes over looking in my direction. "Water for me please." I smile looking to Steve, who was on my left.

After an hour of small talk we decide it's time to leave. On my way out the door the waiter stops me. "Hi. I just wanted to say that you're really pretty, and ask if you wanted to go on a date sometime?" He asks scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, but I've got a boyfriend." I try telling him. "Oh I'm sure you do. His name is probably Casper the friendly ghost." He remarks in a snobbish tone. "Even if I didn't have a boyfriend I wouldn't date a shallow person like you, seeing as you only care about looks." I tell him turning to follow my family. "That is not true!" He shouts, earning the attention from the rest of the restaurant. "I'm sorry is there a problem?" Jay comes over crossing his arms over his chest. "Oh you must be the boyfriend." The guy says rudely. "Don't talk to him like that!" I intervene. "No, I'm the brother, and I'm a cop." Jay answers ignoring me.

Walking away from the two men I walk up to a lady at the front desk. "May I speak to a manager?" I ask her. She glances over at the two men before nodding. "Of course. I'm sorry about him. He must have tried to get you to go on a date with him. He asks out every pretty girl that comes through here." She apologizes. "Don't apologize for him." I tell her shaking my head. Nodding she walks to the back and comes back a few minutes later with the manager. "What seems to be the problem?" He asks reaching out a hand. Shaking his hand I inform him about the situation. "That guy over there asked me out, I told him about my boyfriend and he became incredibly rude." "Sir, this isnt the first time that he's done this." The lady says taking my side. "Who's the other guy?" The manager asks ignoring her input. "That's my brother." I say before seeing the guy raise his fist and punch Jay in the face. "Jay!" I shout running over to him.

Jay just shakes it off before moving to punch the guy back. "Calm down Jay." I try to calm him down before realizing that nobody in the history of the world has calmed down by being told to calm down.

I felt a sharp pain in my right side after the guy pushed me into one of the tables. "Ow." I say before Will rushed over and was trying to help me up. "I'm fine. Don't let Jay hurt him too much." I say pushing him away. "Mr. Docket, that's enough. My office now!" The manager interjects causing the two men to break apart. "He's going to need to visit a doctor." I tell the manager. He nods before turning back to the waiter. "You're fired." He says before walking to the back. "Is it critical that he sees a doctor now?" The girl up front asks. "He should see a doctor soon." I answer looking apologetic. "I'm sorry about this." I tell her. "Don't worry about it. I'm going to take him to the hospital." She says moving around to help him up off the floor.

"Why would you do that?!" I shout slapping Jay on the shoulder. "That asshole put his hands on you!" He yells back. Sighing I shake my head. "I'm dropping you off at work and going home." I tell him. " You don't need to give me a ride." He rejects. "Erin dropped you off. I'm not going to make her come get you too." I tell him before walking to my car.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened? Will called me and told me some guy started a fight at the little restaurant." Genesis asks worried, sitting up. "Some guy didn't like being rejected." I answer sighing and sitting beside her. "What's going on between you and my brother?" I ask sitting up. "What?! Nothing!" She exclaims turning her head to the ground. "Don't lie!" I exclaim pushing her over excitedly. "Fine, we've gone on a few dates, and we talk sometimes." She answers. "And neither of you thought to tell me?!"

(This chapter is all over the place. Hope you guys like it! The next chapter will be coming soon! Vote and comment.)