Chapter 3

Leah's POV

The drive was about thirty minutes of nothing but trees. My Uncle lived in the middle of the woods. We pulled up in front of a large log cabin. It had two stories and it was beautiful. Grant got out and opened my door. "This is your new home. Thom had it built about ten years ago. Since then he had the kitchen and bathroom updated. My ma- wife, Sheila, helped him decorate it. I hope you like it, if not, you can always change whatever you want, it is yours now." Grant said warmly. "It's beautiful." I with awe. I looked at Carter and his face matched mine. Grant handed me a set of keys and I opened the door and was struck silent. I was just beautiful. Warm browns and greens everywhere. Large rooms and state of the art kitchen with gleaming stainless steel. "I will leave you to it, then. I will come back in the morning to go over everything with you. If you should need me, you have my number. Good night, Leah, Carter." Grant kissed my cheek and Joe swooped me up in a hug. "See you tomorrow, little Leah." And they were gone. 

I looked at Carter and when our eyes met we broke out laughing. "Girl, you are set now." Carter said grabbing me in a hug. "No, Carter, we are set. Maybe we could stay here instead of going back to Houston. The only person I had there is you and you are here now." He smiled at me. "I like that idea, hun. I doubt anyone will steal your panties here." I laughed. "Let's see if there is any food. I am starving." I said, heading for the fridge. "You are always starving, it is a wonder you are so thin." Carter teased. "Hey, I run!" I pouted opening the door. It was fully stocked with my favorite foods. That's a little weird, but I am not complaining. I make Carter and I some homemade chicken parmesan and garlic bread.

"You are such a good cook, Leah." Carter groaned as I cleaned up dinner. I smiled at him as I finished up. "Let's go explore." I wiggled my eyebrows at him. There was a living room, kitchen, dining room, bathroom, and home theatre on the main floor. Upstairs had three large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and an office. There was the master bedroom, which was huge, but we decided it was just strange to sleep there right now and picked one of the other bedrooms. I opened the door to the one I was going to sleep in and it was almost as big as the master. I was deep purple and cream and beautiful with a large king-sized bed. I set my suitcase next to the bed and walked into the bathroom. It was cream marble. A shower big enough for a whole family, a separate tub that was also huge. Walking back into the bedroom, there was a large walk-in closet. It looked as if no one had ever lived here. "I am going to take a shower." I called to Carter. "Kay. I am glad, cuz you stopped smelling great a while ago." Carter yelled from the other bedroom. We had left the doors open so we could hear each other. "Prick." I laughed at him. I could hear his laughter as I climbed into the shower. I turned on the water, setting it to the right temperature before remembering I had left all my stuff in the bedroom. I jogged back grabbing my stuff and took a nice long shower. 

When I was done, I throw my damp hair up into a messy bun and threw on my boy shorts and cami pj set then, went to see what Carter was doing. He was still in the shower so I headed to the office. I grabbed my letter from my Uncle and opened the door. It was all hunter green and burgundy. It was definitely a man's room. Dark wood bookshelves lined the walls, full of books, there was a large dark wood desk with a big black leather chair in front of a large window that looked out into the woods behind the house. I was almost pitch black out there. I turned on the lamp on the desk and sat in the comfiest chair ever. I took a deep breath and opened the letter. 

My Dearest Leah,

My heart breaks that I have missed you growing up into the beautiful young woman you have become. Your parents loved you very much, too much to let you grow up here. I tried to tell them it was safer here but they wouldn't listen. They kept under the radar for fifteen years, but then they found them. I am sorry that I couldn't stop it. I tried. Grant and Joe are to be trusted. Be careful you else you trust. I checked out your friend, Carter, He can be trusted as well. If you are reading this that means that they got to me too. I am sorry that I couldn't put a stop to this, but now it is all up to you. Joe will train you. Listen well and learn all you can. They killed your parents, my parents, and many other innocent people. Grant and Joe will tell you about who you are, please believe them. In my office, there is proof of all I have to tell you. I came to Houston last year to see you, but they found me so I lead them away. Listen, your Mother was human but your father and I aren't. We are werewolves. I know it sounds crazy but trust me. You aren't going to be a wolf but you carry the gene. If you have a child with a werewolf, they will be one too. Don't worry, it's a good thing. With being a half wolf you will live for a very long time. You will age very slowly. Your Father was almost one hundred when he met your Mother. I know this is a lot of information but it is important. Please talk to Grant and Joe. They can explain and answer your questions. I love you, little Leah. I watched you grow in pictures because your parents weren't sure you wouldn't be a wolf and the Hunters are cruel. I am leaving all I have to you. You are the last of our line, make us proud.

With Love,

Uncle Thom.

I am shocked to my core by this letter. I didn't even notice the tears or Carter until he wiped them from my cheeks and pulled me into his arms. "Hey there, baby girl, don't cry. It will be ok. I promise." Carter cooed. I pulled away and smiled at him. I handed him the letter and he sat in the chair as I began scanning the office for clues that Thom had mentioned. There were lots of books on werewolves and then one whole bookshelf of nothing but picture albums. The last shelf was labeled, LEAH. There were twenty-one albums. I pulled out the first one and there were pictures of my parents holding me as a baby. Pictures of me with Grant and Joe. Pictures of me with my Dad and a man that looked almost identical, Thom. Pictures of me all the way until I turned one. The next album started with my first birthday and went on. I was here. I couldn't believe it. The third album had me sitting on the back of a large black wolf with Thom standing next to me so I didn't fall off. Shit, it was all true. I looked at Carter who looked like he had seen a ghost. 

"Carter, it's true." He walked over to me and looked at the picture. He met my eyes and smiled. "I knew you were different. Girl, you are a badass." He grinned and I couldn't help but return the smile. We both yawned then laughed. "Ok, Wolfie, let's go to bed." Carter said putting the album back and grabbing my hand. He led us back to my bedroom and pulled the covers back. Knowing that I didn't want to be alone, he crawled in and opened his arms to me. I snuggled into his chest. "Good night, Carter. I love you." I yawned. "Good night, Leah. I love you, too." And then we were out.