Chapter 5

Leah's POV 

I was ready to go when Grant knocked on the door. I was dressed in a dark blue sweater and snug skinny jeans tucked inside a pair of black riding boots. I left my hair down and had light makeup on. Carter was almost done doing his hair. He is worse than a girl. "Hi, Grant. Hey Joe." I smiled at the pair. "How was your night?" Grant asked as he walked into the living room. "Informative. Have you ever been in Thom's office?" I asked them. They shook their heads. "Thom was a very private person. When we would meet, it was either at my office or the Alpha's." Grant said and then seemed to catch his mistake because his eyes got wide. I laughed. " Don't worry, Grant. Follow me. Carter is doing his hair, we have a few minutes, he is such a girl." I told them leading them to Thom's office. "I heard that, not all of us a gifted with your natural beauty, Bitch." Carter hollered causing Joe and me to laugh and Grant to smile and shake his head. I opened the door and lead them into the office. "I read the letter last night, in here and found these." I showed them the bookshelf of photo albums and handed Grant the letter. After they had both had read the letter and looked at the pictures with fond smiles, they looked at me. "Are you ok?" Grant asked me, concerned. I nodded. "I have questions, but I have to say, it doesn't shock me. I have never felt like I fit in with anyone except Carter." Grant nodded. "I have to ask, are you and Carter a couple? I only ask because you may have a mate here and things could get, um, awkward." Grant looked uncomfortable but I laughed. "No, Carter is just my best friend and very gay." I winked heading back to the front door. Carter was finally ready. We all loaded up and headed out. 

"We are going to meet the Alpha, he needs to meet all newcomers, even though you aren't exactly new." Grant smiled as we pulled onto the main road. We talked all the way to town. After about forty minutes we parked in front of a huge mansion. It was beautiful. Grant lead us through the living room and up the stairs. He knocked on a large dark wood door. 

"Come in, Grant." A very deep voice called out, giving me chills. Grant smiled, "It must be a werewolf thing" I whispered to Carter. As we entered the office I saw an extremely handsome man sitting behind a large desk. He had sandy brown hair that had a slight curl to it, deep blue eyes, his nose was kind of crooked, like it had been broken, but it was sexy. His lips were absolutely kissable and he had a small cleft in his chin. Oh, my! He was hot, hotter than Carter. Shit, he must be gay. I beamed him a smile and grabbed Carter, pulling him in behind me. "Hi, I'm Leah Tucker and this is my friend, Carter Stevenson." He stood up and walked around his desk. Holy smokes. He was taller than all the men I had ever met in life and he was more muscular. His shoulders were very broad. "Hello, I am Mark. It is very nice to see you again, Leah." I stuck out my hand and he grabbed it with his very large, very warm hand. As soon as our skin touched, there were sparks shooting up my arm, like when Carter and I tried to see what the big deal about cow tipping was and I touched the electric fence. I shot my wide eyes up to his and whispered "Oh, my" and he grinned. Our eyes stayed locked on each other's until Carter cleared his throat. I jumped and reluctantly pulled my hand away and looked at Carter. When I looked back at Mark, he looked almost worried about something. 

"Thom wrote Leah a letter. It told her about what we are. She did a bit of her own research this morning in his office and asked a crap ton of questions on the way here, Alpha. You can be frank with her, she won't run." Joe told Mark and gave me a wink. I could have sworn I heard a growl. My eyes shot to Joe's and he laughed. "Geeze, Joe, say excuse me next time. Don't you have any manners?" I cocked an eyebrow at him. This only made him laugh harder, then Grant and Mark were both laughing and Carter and I were looking at each other like 'what?'. Carter shrugged. 

"What is going on here?" A very amused voice boomed as a man who looked like a slightly older version of Mark. I looked up at him and he smiled. "You must be Leah, I am Roland. I was a good friend of your Father and Uncle. I thought you must be here if there is this much laughter. You have always brought joy to us." The next thing I know I was engulfed in a hug and it felt like home. He released me and asked Mark, "Now, what is so funny?" Joe piped up, "I winked at Leah and Mark growled at me, Leah thought I burped." That is all he got out before he started laughing again. Grant finished for him," She scolded him on his manners." This got a laugh out of Roland. Wait, Mark growled. I looked at Mark, who still wore a smile. "Why did you growl at Joe? That isn't very nice, ya know?" This brought a new round of laughter from Grant, Joe, and Roland. Mark walked over and stood right in front of me and I caught a good whiff of him, he smelled like fresh grass after the rain and cedar, my favorite smell. "Woah, you smell really good." I thought I said it to myself but I must have said it out loud because Carter joined in the laughter. I blushed and looked at my feet. Damn my brain to mouth filter. This time Mark let out a chuckle. "I said that out loud too, didn't I?" I squeaked and looked up at Mark. He nodded with a grin. "Your mate is supposed to smell like your favorite things, sweetheart." That one sentence sped my heartbeat up to the point I thought it would beat right out of my chest. Mate? Shit, I know what that means. Now what.