Chapter 11

Carter's POV

My girl, Leah is on a date with her hunky Alpha. I couldn't be happier for her. Finding love, getting pregnant, it is all so fast. From what I have been reading in those books, though, this is all normal. I am bored though, I know Leah isn't trying to ignore me, but that is what is going on today. She has been including me in everything as much as possible, for that I am grateful. My room is right down the hall from her and Mark's but thankfully, they are soundproof. I love my girl, but I do not want to hear her cries of passion. Shudder. I make my way to the kitchen, it seems to be the place where everyone hangs out. I find Linda and Grant sitting at the table having a cup of coffee and chatting. Linda has become a good friend, that girl has style. 

"Hello, Carter. How are you?" Linda asks as I sit next to her. "Bored" I sigh. She laughs. "maybe you and Leah should go shopping soon. I know that you two didn't bring much with you." I shake my head, "That child has no sense of fashion. I love her, but she would wear nothing but sweats and yoga pants if it wasn't for me." She looks like she just got a great idea, "You and I should go for her. I know that I could use a few things and I bet you could too. Plus, you know her best, you could get her nice clothes that she will wear and still look nice. We can't have our Luna running around looking like a gym rat." She laughs. I jump up, "Yes, I would love to!". At that, we head out to the mall.

Jesse's POV

 I have traveled for six weeks, but I still didn't find my mate. This sucks. I have missed my pack. I am pulling up to the pack house now and it is good to be home. It is just starting to get dark as I walk in the door and I see a very pretty woman sitting with Joe laughing at one of stupid jokes. "Hey! Jesse's back!" Joe jumps up and gives me a hug. He is like a brother to me. "Hey, Joe. How's it going? Who's your friend?" I ask turning to the girl, her eyes meet mine and I am struck by the deep green depths of them. She makes me feel safe and that is a strange thing. I know she isn't my mate, but I feel like she is important to me. "This is Leah, Thom's niece." That explains it, she was my favorite baby. "Little Leah! You grew up to be even more beautiful, that is saying something since you were a gorgeous baby." I engulf her in a hug. "Jesse, don't crush my mate." I hear Mark laugh behind me.

 I let go of her and laugh. "I knew it! Roland said it from the day she was born. Hot damn!" She smiles at me as Mark hugs me,"Good to have you home, Jess. It isn't the same when you are gone." I catch a strange scent. I look at Mark and then Leah, "You're pregnant? Damn, I wasn't gone that long. When did you get here?" She nods, "I have been here a week. Mark and I were mated the day after I got here. What can I say, he swept me off my feet, literally." I laugh. We all head into the kitchen for some dinner. We are all catching up and was surprised at all I missed. Leah has become a great person and I really feel like there is a special connection. I know it isn't a mate thing, she isn't my type and she is Mark's mate. I will have to talk to Roland later about it. Then the most incredible scent hits me, peppermint and spice. MATE! I look up as Linda and a very handsome man walk into the kitchen. His eyes meet mine and they are deep chocolate brown. "Mate!" It slips out before I can stop it, they don't know that I am gay. I have been afraid to tell them. Leah looks from me to the man and then whispers, "Carter, his name is Carter." I look at her and she smiles at me.

 Everyone else is silent as I get up and walk to him. "Hi, I'm Jesse." I stick out my hand. He looks at Leah, first and she nods and grins. He grabs me in a hug, "I'm Carter and you are hot." He pulls back and smiles at me. I turn and look at Mark, he shrugs and smiles. Leah jumps out of her chair and grabs Carter in a hug, I hear he whisper, "He is your mate, you lucky monkey. GO talk to him or whatever." She wiggles her eyebrows at him and I can't help the laugh that bubbles out of my mouth. She's cheeky, I love it. I grab Carter's hand. "Come with me." I tug him up to my room. As soon as I close the door, my lips are on his. He immediately kisses me back and my wolf purrs with happiness, my mate accepts me.