Chapter 9

Leah's POV

I woke up in a hurry the next morning, running for the bathroom and throwing up my dinner. We had moved Carter and me into the pack house since Mark and I didn't want to be away from each other. I know that I am not sick, I have never been sick a day in my life. I may not shift, but I have werewolf genes, slow aging, fast healing, strong immune system. So, what the hell? I felt Mark rubbing my back slowly. "Sweetheart, what is wrong?" He asked softly. Before I could answer, I threw up again, then it hit me, I'm pregnant. Shit, no way. We only had sex yesterday, how could I already be pregnant and having symptoms? I needed to talk to Linda. "I guess my food didn't settle well, I am ok, baby." I told him, standing up and heading to the sink to use my toothbrush, this time. "You sure?" Mark asked concern lacing his voice. I nodded, mouth full of toothpaste. He started brushing his teeth too and then we grabbed a quick shower and got dressed. He threw on a pair of dark jeans and a light gray t-shirt that stretched across his muscles deliciously and black boots. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, threw on a pair of light washed bootcut blue jeans, a hunter green v-neck sweater, and a pair of heeled ankle boots. I put on a touch of light makeup and I was still ready before Mark. "I am going to go start on something for breakfast." I told him as I walked out of the room, he nodded and I headed down to the kitchen.

Luck was on my side, Linda and Roland were in the kitchen, making coffee. "Good Morning" I chirped at them. They both broke out in grins and told me good morning. "Can I ask you something before Mark makes his way down here?" I asked them both and they nodded. "I never get sick, but I got sick this morning. I think I might be pregnant, but Mark and I just mated yesterday? Is that even possible?" Roland jumped out of his chair and gathered me up in a huge bear hug. "Yes, my girl, you are and it is very possible. The very same thing happened to us." He was squeezing the life out of me, but I loved it. "Roland, you're going to squeeze her to death." Linda scolded lightly. He set me down and I saw a tear in his eyes. I smiled at him and his answering smile was huge. "Yes dear, Mark has several older sisters, he was our only boy." Linda said with tears of her own. Just then Mark walked into the kitchen and looked lost. He looked both of his parents and me. When his eyes met mine I smiled. "Congrats, Daddy." His eyes got wide and his jaw dropped. I waited for it to click, 3...2...1... "Oh, you mean, you, um, a baby? Now? Oh. Oh. OH!" Then he ran to me and grabbed me in yet another bone-crushing hug, swinging me around and laughing. "Mate. Can't. Breathe." I squeaked out and his grip loosened and he kissed me, hard. 

"So, are these pregnancies different than humans?" I ask Linda after Mark and Roland retired to do Alpha work, whatever that was, after breakfast. "Yes, we need to get you to the pack doctor soon, just to check everything out. You will only be pregnant about four months, which means fast-growing babies. After the baby is born, they will grow just like a human baby until they reach twenty-one. Then they age much slower, but you already know about that." I nodded. " I am so happy, Linda. I really do feel like I have known Mark my whole life." She smiled. "That is the mate bond, Mark was around you a lot when you were a baby. Roland told everyone that you two were mates. So, maybe the bond started then. That would explain why Mark had no interest in other women." Linda shrugged. I grinned. "Men showed no interest in me either and it never really bothered me. Now I am glad because I can give my whole self to Mark." Linda smiled at me. "Let's go see the pack doctor and get you taken care of." I nodded and we walked the short distance to the pack hospital. 

"Sam, this is Mark's mate, Leah. She needs to be seen." Linda told a tall bald man that looked about forty. "Luna, what can I do for you?" Sam bowed. "Oh, no, please call me Leah. I am pregnant." I told him. He smiled at me and winked. "Mark certainly works fast." Causing Linda and I both to giggle. "Follow me, ladies." Sam walked down the hall to an exam room. We followed him in. "Hop up on the table and lay back, I am going to do an ultrasound first then I need to do a full exam to make sure that all is good. How many partners have you had?" He asked as I sat on the table. "Just Mark." I blushed. Sam nodded and smiled. He helped me lay back and lifted the bottom of my shirt. "I warm my gel here, so no cold gel on the tummy." He squirted the warm gel on my stomach and put the wand on me, moving it around and watching the screen. All I could see was a field of grey lines, then I saw a small black spot. "There, that is your baby, Leah." I looked at Linda and we shared a smile. "Oh, wait. There are two babies. Congratulations, you are having twins." Linda squealed and squeezed my hand. "I am going to get Mark over here, he needs to see this." She told me and I nodded. In less than two minutes, Mark and Roland burst through the door. I met Mark's eyes and saw nothing but love there. He came closer and Sam moved the wand around. "Alpha, you are going to be very tired. You have a healthy set of twins growing here." Then, Mark passed out, hitting the ground with a thud.