Chapter 14

Leah's POV

"OK, so I was looking into the bond between Jesse and Leah and I have an answer. Jesse, you are her Guardian. The Moon Goddess has decided that Leah needs extra protection and she will have two Guardians. The second has yet to be found, but will be soon." Roland tells us after the excitement has died down from our announcement. " You must accept the role and you will be forever linked together." He tells Jesse. Jesse immediately runs to me. "I accept my role as your Guardian and will protect you with my life." Jesse says, laying his hand on my shoulder. I feel a searing pain on the back of my shoulder and whimper. Jesse grits his teeth in pain at the same time. Mark pulls my shirt back and gasps. "It is a crescent moon, it looks like a brand on your right shoulder."  He checks Jesse, "You wear the same mark." Jesse's wide eyes meet mine and we just stare at each other for a moment before bursting out laughing. Everyone looks at us like we have lost our minds, but really, it's just a strong connection we share. We finally stop laughing and look at the room to see pride on everyone's faces. Jesse goes back to his seat next to Carter and I lower myself into a nearby chair, my feet are killing me.
"So what does this mean? I know it isn't just a Luna thing." I ask Roland. He smiles gently at me. "No darling girl, it isn't. It means that the Moon Goddess has a very special plan for you. What that is, I have no idea." I sigh, well that is helpful. Mark squeezes my shoulder gently. "Don't worry, baby, we will figure it out together." I pat his hand, not really knowing what to say. All of a sudden I feel exhausted. "I feel drained, I think I am going to grab a nap if that is OK?" I ask Mark and he nods. "Of course, baby. Let me help you upstairs." He throws a worried look at his parents, I guess he thought I missed it and helps me up out of the chair. "I will see everyone later." I tell them and I get a round of "Later, Leah".
Mark helps me to our room and removes my shoes. I lay down on my side and he sits next to me. "Are you OK, my love?" He is worried. I grab his hand. "Mark, please don't worry, these babies are heavy and sometimes I find my energy levels drained. I am sure it's normal. If I don't feel better after my nap, we can talk to the Doc, ok?" He nods and places a kiss on my forehead. "I love you, get some rest. I have some work to do, but I will check on you soon." I nod."I love you, too. I will be fine, do your work. If I need you, I will call." I tap my head and wink. He smiles and leaves.
Sleep pulls me deep into its arms immediately and I am out like a light.
The next thing I know I am sitting on a large rock, next to a beautiful lake with a waterfall. Lush greenery everywhere, it's the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Then a woman rises from the water in front me. She is tall and shapely with black hair and amazing silver eyes. "Hello, Leah I am the Moon Goddess. I have been watching you. Your bravery and heart are endless. You show love to all those you meet and bring joy to the hearts of many. I know you are bursting with questions, but my time with you is short, so please listen carefully. I came to your mother when she was pregnant with you and told her you were destined for greatness, she was frightened for your safety and fled but fate always wins. I will tell you what I told her. You are more than just a half human, half werewolf. You are the light in the darkness. What I mean is that after you give birth to your babies, you will receive your wolf, but it will be special and have great power. I have told Roland and will tell Jesse. You must tell your Mate. You must train hard and harness your gifts to defeat Matt and the hunters, they are a great evil. Your other Guardian will find you soon. Ask me your questions, quickly." She said and I was in shock. So I asked her the question that has burned in my mind the last couple of months. "Where is Joe's mate?" A beautiful smile broke out on her face. "You see, always putting others before yourself, yes you will be great. I am sending Joe his mate tomorrow. Thank you, sweet Leah." I smiled at her and then she was gone.
I woke and looked at the clock, I had only been asleep for an hour, but now I was wide awake and feeling much better. I thought about my dream and smiled. Joe would have his mate!