Chapter 6

Mark's POV

My little mate is funny and so cute, especially when she blushes.  She looked up into my eyes after I called her sweetheart and I could hear her heart pounding in her chest. Then she did the last thing I would have expected, She reached up with her tiny hands and touched my cheek. I felt those wonderful currents and leaned into her touch. The next thing I know, the office door is closed and it is just Leah and me. She stood up on her toes to get closer to my face so I leaned in, I was well over a foot taller than her. She looped her arms around my neck and kissed me. It was soft and sweet, like strawberries. I couldn't help but deepen the kiss. She let a little moan out of the back of her throat and I was lost. I licked her bottom lip, asking for entrance and she granted it. I dominated her mouth, making sure to touch everything I could. I finally broke the kiss so we could breathe. "Wow, it all makes sense now. I was waiting for you." I furrowed my brow at her statement. "What do you mean, sweetheart?" I asked as I dragged her to my chair and onto my lap."I could never get a decent relationship. Men seemed to avoid me. They have all been simply, uninterested." She shrugged. 

"I, for one, am glad. So I guess that means Carter isn't your boyfriend?" She laughed. "Of course not, Carter is gay." I couldn't help the large smile that broke loose. This, of course, made her laugh some more and my wolf was practically purring. She wants us, she kissed us, and we made her laugh, we rock! "How much do you know and understand about us?" I asked her cautiously, I didn't want to dampen her happiness, but the pack needed a Luna and my wolf needed to claim her, like yesterday. "What do you mean? Like the marking and mating thing or the Alpha thing?" She asked looking into my eyes. "Both." She smiled. "I read about all of it in one of Thom's books. How long have you been Alpha?" She asked playing with my shirt like it was the most interesting thing in the world. "Almost five years." I whispered. Her eyes shot up to meet mine. "You poor thing. I know we just met and all, but we need to move this along before you get sick or someone decides your pack is weak and attacks." She is very cute when she is very serious. "Wait, what? You want to mate? Already?" I was suddenly nervous. "Why, don't you want to? I am not trying to pressure you or anything." She said and then tried to get up. I tightened my hold on her waist. "Not so fast, sweetheart. I am just surprised, that's all. Wolves usually mate within the first day of meeting their mate, but with you not being a wolf or raised around them, I wasn't going to push my luck." I shrugged and beamed a breathtaking smile.  "What are you waiting for then, Alpha?" She quirked an eyebrow at me and Then I kissed her. She pulled away and stood up, "Which way?" I stood up and grabbed her hand. 

We made it out into the hall when Joe came running towards me. "Mark, Their back." Shit, those hunters suck. "Get those who cant fight to the safe room. Leah, go with Joe, these people are dangerous." She looked at me and laughed. "I am coming with you. I know the pack needs to see a strong Luna, not one that cowers in fear. Trust me, please." Damn, the puppy dog face, how can I resist that. "Fine, but stay close to me." I grabbed her hand. When we made it outside there was a line of warriors between the hunters and us.

 "Call off your dogs, Mark. We only want to kill you then we can put our own Alpha in place." Then what packs we don't destroy, we will control." The leader, Matt, yelled. "Are you fucking stupid, Matt? You will never control our pack." This may have made him angry because he charged and then it was mass chaos. We all changed into our wolves and started tearing into the hunters. I look over and see my mate slicing through hunters like warm butter. Where did that sword come from? Holy shit, she's a fucking warrior! She was graceful and methodic about each kill. The was no wasted energy.I was in a trance watching her and apparently so was everyone else.  Matt called a retreat and fled with less than ten hunters, he came with close to fifty.  I trotted over and shifted, grabbing a pair of shorts on the way. I stopped right in front of Leah. She wasn't even out of breath. She was covered in blood but she never looked more beautiful. "Care to explain?" I asked. She looked up at me and innocently batted her eyelashes. "Shower first, this blood is sticky." I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of my chest. 

I dragged her into the house, where we were stopped by my father. "I haven't seen those moves since your Mother." He smiled down at her. "Dad, she said she would explain everything after a shower." He nodded and stepped aside as my Mother walked into the kitchen and shrieked. "You poor girl, how bad are you hurt? Call the pack doctor, fast." Dad stepped close to her. "Linda, it's not her blood. She took out the hunters, just like Marla." Mom looked at Leah and grinned. "OK, people, show is over, I am taking my mate to get a shower." This started a round of catcalls and whistles. Leah threw her head back and laughed as I picked her up and carried her to my room. 

"Well, now you have me here, what do you plan to do with me, Big boy." Leah asked, saucily. Oh, my mate is going to be so much fun.