Chapter Seven

"What do I do?"

"Answer it and let him talk?" Leeroy stated, but it was more like a question. I sighed and put on the best 'I don't give a fuck about anything' face. I slid open the door slowly and Louis looked up at me with sad eyes.

"What do you want?"

"I just n-need to talk to you."

"Oh really? Where are your dogs?" I asked, looking around him.

"They're not here. Marcel, this is why I made you promise me that day to always know that I do care." He said, trying to make me look at him. How could I?

"You sure have a way of showing that, leading me on and making a fool out of me sure shows it. You know Louis, You were the first person that made me move on, and I fell for you so fast. I couldn't even believe it was possible. You knew about everything I've been through and you still did it." I said, trying not to break.

"I had to! I can’t not listen to Zayn, Marce. He's the only one who has ever been here for me."

"Well guess what? I was fucking here, Louis! I would never, never make you do anything like that to anybody! It's so wrong. You even had chances to tell me at least, I would've played along. That's the stuff I would do for you."

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"I bet. Do you know what that felt like Louis?" He shook his head, not being able to speak.

"It felt exactly like when James died. I wanted to break down and cry, but I'm not going to show you, or Zayn, that you won." He sat there and stared at me. It was hard to keep eye contact because I wanted to walk up to him and kiss all of his tears away.

"You have to know I care about you so, so much." He tried again.

"No you don't, Louis." I said, defeated. I felt the pain return, so I turned around and reached for the knob to open the door, but I felt him grab my hand and pull me to turn around.

"Please, please don't walk away." He stated, pleadingly.

"I have to, or I'm going to run back into your arms just for you to hurt me again." I yanked my arm away and walked into the house.

*SCHOOL-MONDAY*

"Have you slept?" Leeroy asked, as I walked up to them. I looked down at my perfectly shined shoes and scraped my feet against the ground.

"Not really." I said quietly. I would be lying if I said that these past few days have been easy. He gave me a sad look and opened his arms for a hug.

"I hope you get better, Marcey."

"Me too." I whispered into his shoulder. I still can’t understand what I have done so wrong for people to hate me so much. I have changed and I'm not some bully.

        I was getting overly nervous as I was walking to music class. I sit right next to him and I haven't even heard from him since I left him deserted on my porch. "Marcel?" I stopped in my tracks and turned around in confusion.

"Kourtney, right?" She nodded and smiled at me. "It's good to see you again."

"It is. I'm headed to music, are you lost?" I asked, pointing in the direction of my class.

"I have that class now, too!" She replied enthusiastically.

"Care to join me?" I asked, bowing with my arm out towards the door. She laughed at my weirdness and shot me a smirk.

"You are a weird one." I laughed along with her and opened the door for her. I felt like the smile was literally smacked from my face as I turned to walk in as well.  I fastened my eyes to my shoes as I slowly walked to my seat. I knew he was already here because I could feel his intense gaze on me the whole time. As I sat down, I felt like I was about to crumble.