Chapter Seventeen

WARNING- I don't know if I should put this or not. Ugh, I guess its about some-what Parent verbal abuse. I know that if I read stuff like that it gets to me bad and brings back painful memories. So I thought id put this just in case..

______________________________________________________________________________________

*LOUIS' POV*

        I watched as his figure got smaller and smaller until he disappeared altogether. I don't know what I should do. I get where Marcel is coming from because I would be beyond pissed if I found out my twin was still alive, too. But he's not pissed, he's hurt. I guess I'm not any better now, either, because I left him too. If I would have never left, this would not be happening right now.

        I walked down the sidewalk with my head hung low and my hands deep in my pockets. How could I have just left him there all alone? I realized I didn't know where my mum's house was so I decided to ring her.

"Hello dear." She called happily through the phone.

"Ugh, can you pick me up?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Sure love, where are you?" I gave her my whereabouts and she told me she would be here soon enough. I'm battling whether I should call him back tonight or let him clear his head. I didn't know if he needed me, or wanted space. I should know, right? He's my boyfriend. The one you left. My conscience spoke. I rolled my eyes and decided on the latter as my mum's car pulled up next to me. I got in and huffed in annoyance; not just at myself, but also at Harry.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine." I muttered.

"I'm here to talk, you kn-"

"Since when? A minute ago?" I scoffed at her.

"You don't understand, Louis."

"I know. I don't understand that a mother who 'loves her kids' can just walk out and let her son raise his siblings, Let those four little girls watch their older brother get beat because their father was drunk off his ass and wanted to take out his anger on someone.  Not there when her son didn't know how to treat a guy because he never got taught the proper way. Wasn't there when I fell madly in love for the first time and had to leave him because you decided to move a gazillion miles away. And now guess what, My BOYFRIEND is all a-fucking-lone because I'm here with you. You should've left that asshole and got your own house THERE!" I was so furious and it wasn't at my mother. I just needed someone to vent to and this was the way it came out. I exploded into tears and pushed my face into my sweaty hands. The car pulled over to the side and she shifted in her seat.

"I'm sorry, Louis, so sorry. I thought it was going to be better for you guys to be with him. I-I thought he wouldn't do this to you because you're his kid. I didn't even know this was happening or I would've taken you sooner."

"I-I'm glad y-you didn't." I mumbled.

"WHAT?!" She yelled in anger and shock.

"I got to meet M-Marcel." I smiled through my tears. "I-I got to meet t-the most important p-person in my life." She reached over the seat and hugged me as close as possible. I didn't move from my position, but I was actually happy to have her here.

"I know he's special to you and I'm so sorry you had to leave him."

"M-me, too." I whispered. I miss him so much already and I don't know how I'm going to handle it.

*MARCEL'S POV/ NEXT MORNING*

"What are you still doing in bed?! Do you want to fail in life?!" When did she get home? Her screeching made my head bang more. I cried myself to sleep and my head is absolutely terrible.

"Sorry, mum, I'm getting up."

"You better be." She stated and slammed the door behind her.

        I dragged myself to the bathroom and slid under the steaming water. I needed to call Louis later and make sure he's okay. I didn't mean to freak out yesterday, but what are you supposed to do when something like that happens? I sighed and turned the faucet off.

        I heard the front door shut as I was slicking my hair back. I figured out who it was as soon as I heard my mum squeak in excitement. I guess Robin's home...

"Where's the fag?"

"Running late. I swear, He can’t do anything right. Why do I always get stuck with the fuck up's? I can’t even stand being under the same roof as someone like him." I bowed my head as the words hit me once again. I try so hard and it never seems to be right. What will it take for them to love me? What will it take for someone in this family to have one ounce of care for me? I guess that's just me, right? The one who everyone leaves. The one who no one loves.

        I closed the bottle of strong gel and walked as slow as possible down the stairs. I didn't even glance at them, all cuddled up on the sofa, as I walked into the peach-colored kitchen. I grabbed a banana off of the counter and headed for the door.

"No hello?" I heard the evil lacing his tone.

"Hello, Robin." I mumbled.

"I sure hope your grades are good, boy. I'm honestly not expecting it from your kind, but you know what could happen if they're anything less. You're even lucky to be sharing the same air as me."

"I know." I whispered once again, reaching for the door handle. I finally got outside and couldn't help but think of it all over again. All these times they've said hurtful things and put me down. I remember that day.

        The door swung open; Harry and I jumped from the bed to see Robin standing there. His eyebrows were creased in disappointment and his fists were clenched. I don't think I've ever actually seen him like this before.

"Harry, get out." He ordered. Harry walked out with his hands shoved in his pockets. "So you like boys now, too?" I looked up in shock and horror. This isn't really happening to me right now. I don't want anyone to know - I don't want him to know.

"N-no." I stuttered.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Marcel!" He yelled and slammed his hand onto the wooden bookshelf.

"I-I'm sorry." I could feel the wetness welling up as I bit my lip to stop.

"You’re sorry? Ha! I'm the one who should be sorry. I already hated you since the first time I laid eyes on you! Look at you, you're worthless. You spend all of your time shacked up in here because no one wants to be your friend. At least your brother is a some-what lovable little gay boy.

         I don't even know if this is possible, but you just make me hate you more. Your own mother can’t stand you. I'm looking for the day that someone actually gives you a second glance. I'm looking for the day for someone to actually love you, because you sure as hell aren’t getting it from anyone in this house." I could feel his daggering glare on me. "Don't ever come anywhere near me."

        I feel like that day just happened. I tried so hard not to be gay. I tried so hard to get people to like me, but no one ever did. No one besides Harry, but now that I think about it, I guess he didn't either. I tried not to believe it, but it gets proven to me every day.

        I know Louis had to leave, but what if this is the excuse he needs to actually leave me for good? I don't want to hear my phone ring and pick it up for him to tell me it’s over. I don't want to hear the words that he doesn't want me anymore leave his mouth. I don't want to lose the love of my life because of my own mistakes.