Chapter Twelve

"Hey."

"Hey babe, how are you?" I asked, looking at him worriedly, checking for new marks.

"Marce, seriously? Should I just start wearing a sign that says 'My dad hasn't beaten me today?’” He laughed out, while opening his locker.

"No, I'm sorry. I j-just worry and care about y-you." I replied nervously, looking at the tiled floor. He looked into my eyes and leaned up to place a gentle peck on my lips.

"I know, and I'm fine." He gave me his award winning smile and rubbed imaginary circles into my cheek with his thumb. "You don't have to worry all the time."

"Yes I do. I told you I would make sure you're safe and I will do anything to make it happen." I replied. He slid his hand slowly to the back of my neck and just stared at me. My cheeks were heating up fast so I just leaned in and attached our lips. We stood there, in the middle of the hallway, with our lips moving perfectly in sync. But unfortunately, the bell pulled us apart.

"Thank you. Now, let’s get going, yeah?" He asked with his hand extended. I intertwined our fingers and we walked down the hall.

***

"You coming over?" I asked, squeezing his hand as we left the building.

"I guess I can." He replied, smirking.

"Hey lads!" I heard Leeroy shout from behind us. "Want to hang out for a bit?" He suggested, looking at me.

"Actually, we were just thinking about staying in and watching some movies. Care to join? Maybe bring Niall?" I asked. His face turned bright red and I couldn't hold back the laughter anymore.

"There's nothing going on with us." He denied.

"Mate, that's total bullshit. NIALL!" Louis screamed, as he walked by a few yards away. The Irish boy's head whipped around and smiled in our direction.

"What's up?"

"What do you think about a little double date? We're just laying around inside but...” Lou trailed off.

"Who are you setting me up with?" Niall replied, with a glare.

"Your boyfriend, duh." Niall glanced over at Lee and they had matching expressions etched into their features. "No need to hide. You're so blatantly obvious."

"Y-yeah, sure." Niall finally gave in. I noticed the pure shock on Leeroy's face. I hope Niall is not embarrassed of him because that hurts. We all walked back to mine, talking about our day and how it went.

"Movie?" I asked, bending over the case. Someone grabbed my backside and I jumped letting out a squeak. Louis chuckled and laid his hand on my lower back while I blushed. "Not funny, Tomlinson. You scared me!"