Chapter Nineteen

*LOUIS' POV*

        I was attempting to help my mum with her plants that she was growing. Let’s just say,  I am no good at this shit.

"Lou, that's not how you hold that." I threw the fork looking thing in my hand down and let out a rush of air.

"I quit." I gave up.

"That's called a small hand cultivator, there, Louis Tomlinson." I looked up and seen a very smirking Harry Styles.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled in annoyance.

"I'm Jay." Mum said, while sticking her hand out.

"Harry Styles." He said, returning the gesture. Recognition shot over her face and she stared at me.

"Styles." She studied his face silently. "As in Marcel Styles, Louis' boyfriend."

"As in his twin brother." He replied. I showed her pictures of Marcel last night after the girls went to bed.

"You two are very good looking men. Louis never shuts up about his perfect boyfriend."

"Thank you." He chuckled. "My brother is a very amazing person."

"I wouldn't doubt you were, also." She stood up and brushed off her hands. "I'll leave you two to it."

        After she walked inside, I turned to face him. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to tell you I'm leaving to go to Doncaster tonight."

"So he called you." I stated.

"Thank you for that, Louis. He trusts you and I'm pretty sure without you, I wouldn't have ever got to explain." He smiled that genuine smile with his dimple barely showing.

"It wasn't for you, it was for him." I replied. To be honest, I didn't know if that was the full truth. I didn't know if I did it all for Marcel, because I seen the way Harry was that evening, too. It's really hard knowing that Harry is alive now, because I always thought Marcel was the most perfect human being on Earth and now, there's two.

"It still means a ton. I'll give him a hug for you, yeah?" I nodded and he smiled at me once more before heading off. I walked inside and washed the dirt off of my hands.

"What are you doing?" I yelped and glared at my mother.

"Ugh, washing my hands." I stated and rolled my eyes.

"No, not that. I saw the way you were looking at him and it sure wasn't friendly." She said in a mom tone.

"I don't know, mum." I sighed and threw the hand towel down. "It’s so hard because every time I look at him, no matter all the tattoos or piercings, I see Marcel. And I miss him so much, that just seeing someone who looks identical to him, makes me yearn for him more. How is it possible for there to be two?" I asked-whined.

"But they don't have the same personalities." She pointed out. "If I would've met both of them, I would've thought of you being with Harry because you both have this whole punk thing going on. But Marcel is in love with you. That boy is a sweetheart and to be honest, you look better together. Do you think any boy would have sent you away from them for you to be safe, leaving them all alone?" She hit the nail right on the head with that one.

"It's just hard." I admitted.

"Because you miss him." I looked down and nodded and she opened her arms wide for me. I hugged her back and allowed her to comfort me.

*MARCEL'S POV - AIRPORT*

         I was extremely nervous to meet the reincarnation of my brother. What am I supposed to say? How is it even going to go?

"Hello, Marcel." I didn't turn around right away because I was scared. I slowly inched my way around to face him and right when I did, I threw myself at him. He hugged me back just as tightly and the promise I made myself not to cry, was broken.

"Y-you're really here." I sobbed. It only made him hold me tighter and cry into me as well. He finally pulled away and looked at me.

"I am." He smiled.

"I guess it’s time for me to get to know you now." I stated happily.

"I guess so. Where are we headed?"

"Home." I went to walk away but he grabbed onto me.

"Home? As in where mum is?" He asked in shock. I nodded.

"They went out and won’t be back for a few days. I told her I had a friend staying over so..." I trailed off.

"Okay, good." He sighed and relaxed.

"You know, Louis used to have that pierced." I motioned to his eyebrow as we walked through my bedroom door. "I don't know why he took it out, though."

"I had seen the holes when I talked to him." He replied. We both fell onto my bed and I turned to face my long lost brother.

"Why did you see Louis first?" I asked. He glanced sideways at me for a split second before answering.

"I thought it'd be easier that way. I knew if I just showed up, you would freak out, so I went to Louis. Out of all people, if I talked to him, he would help me because he loves you. He could tell you without you reacting worse than you did." He replied.

"Why now? Why not sooner - or later?"

"I wanted to before, but I was so scared of what'd she do. I decided now because Robin was back and I knew if he found out you had a boyfriend, things wouldn't be so well. But unplanned, Louis left. So, I got on the plane with him and decided it was the time." He shrugged toward the end and I stared at my plain wall.

"She's always worse when he's around." I said quietly.

"She always has been." He sighed and finally faced me. "Marcel, when I asked you on the phone if you were okay, you said not as okay as everyone thinks. Why?" I looked at the sheets that were separating us, regretting ever telling the truth.

"There's always people you can’t lie to, Harry. You were always one of them. It's really hard going through this every day. No matter where I am, or what I do, their words play in my head like a song on repeat. I look in the mirror and realize what they say is true. When you hear the same things over and over again, you start to believe them.

           I feel like I don't even know who I am because I have two sides to me. I have the Marcel that people think is happy and smart, but then I have the one that I live with. The one that is trying to figure out who the hell he is because I don't know. The one that is so unhappy, but holds a smile for the people that matter. The one that lies in bed and cries at night because I don't want to be me. The one that my own mother used to call ugly, before she realized I knew it too. That's the one I have to deal with, not everyone else. And it hurts." I told him in all truthfulness. His eyes filled with despair and I knew he was blaming himself again.

"I shouldn't have listened to her. I could've been here and told you that what they were saying was a lie, Marcel, because it all is."

"Shouldn't and could've don't mean much now. But you are here, so let’s make the best of it, yeah?" I asked, trying to lighten his mood.

"I'll try. I'm always going to feel that regret, no matter what you do or say." he replied.

"I know." I forced a smile at him and he shot me the same back. "How's Louis?"

"He misses you so much." Harry said.

"I wish he was here." I stated sadly.

"But you did what was right. You got him out of there and he needs to stay that way."

"I kno-"

"MARCEL! You didn't fucking-" Then my door flew open and a pissed off mother turned into a shocked one.