Chapter Twenty-One

I listened carefully when I was about half way down the stairs. When I didn't hear anyone, I walked to the kitchen to grab a very much needed water bottle. I felt bad that Harry wasn't comfortable enough to actually stay a night here. But honestly, who would want to?

        I heard the slight thud of someone coming down stairs and I sighed slightly. I turned my head to face the floor so I wouldn't have to see the shame in her eyes. It’s always there.

"You didn't do the dishes last night." She spoke harshly. I looked over at the few that were in the sink.

"I'm sorry, I forg-"

"You really are useless." She snapped, as if I haven't heard that statement enough.

"Yeah, I know." I replied truthfully. I walked back to my room with the words, as always, still repeating and echoing through my brain.

Useless. I know.

Worthless. I fucking know.

I hate you. I hate me too. I grabbed a book off the shelf harshly and flung it at the wall.

"Fuck." I muttered. I took another one and threw it, too, tears finally flowing. "Fuck!"

       Then I couldn't stop. I just kept picking them up and throwing them. Each time, hearing them hit the wall with a thud. I caught a glimpse of my reflection and paused my arm mid-air.

"I fucking hate you so much." I sobbed at the person staring back at me in the mirror. "So, so much!" I watched as the book hit the glass and it shattered into pieces onto the carpet. I dropped to my knees and just stared at the bits, slowly turning it over between my fingers.

"What if 'One Day' is too far away?" I asked honestly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He asked back.

"It means, I can’t handle any of this much longer, Harry."

"Yes, you can. Don't say that- Don't talk like that." He rambled.

"No, I can’t."

        I stared at the shiny object and thought about how amazing it would be to just be gone, to just disappear.

*LOUIS' POV/ TWO WEEKS LATER*

"I am not going to that school, mother. I don't know anyone." I huffed at her, crossing my arms.

"I have let you stay on break for too long, Louis. You will get to know people."

"That's just... That's just not right. I want to go to my old school with my friends and my boyfriend."