Chapter One

“Come on AllyCat we’re late sweetie” I said putting my hand out so my daughter Allyson could take my hand, but the two year old just looked down at my hand then back up at me she had tears in her eyes and she was pouting at me.

“No dance today.” Said my two year old, her cheeks were pink and the tears were starting to fall over. I bent down on my knees so we were about face to face, I looked into my daughter’s eyes.

“Why not sweetie?”

“MommyBear,” she said “I mess up.”

“Oh no, sweetie.” I said taking her hand, I knew that she fell yesterday at dance class but that means she doesn’t want to dance anymore? And keep me from my own job? “It’s okay, Ally, I mess up sometimes too. But I don’t ever stop dancing. You shouldn’t stop either.”

Ally looked into my eyes and then nodded; I smiled and kissed her head, then stood up to my full height and Ally put her hands up waiting for me to pick her up. I did so, putting my little girl on my hip and heading out of the door of our apartment, Ally began to sing a song with no words as we walked out.

I locked the door behind me and made my way out into the cold fall weather, I checked again to see if Ally had misplaced-or in other words had gotten rid of- her gloves, when I saw they were still on her fingers I smiled and bounced her on my hip. She giggled excitedly and smiled her wide smile at me.

Once we made it to my car I opened up the back seat door and slide Ally in, she put herself in her princess car seat and I strapped her in. Then moved around to my side of the car and starting it up and strapping myself in and putting the car radio to Radio Disney and listen to Ally in the back singing along to a song she didn’t know the words too. That was my baby girl.

When we pulled up to Mani’s Dance and Gym I stopped the car parking in my spot and hopped out then unbuckled Ally from her seat and set her down on the concrete she grabbed my hand and started pulling me before I could even close the door.

“Come, MomBear, commmmme” She said pulling at my hand, I laughed and let her drag me, closing the car door with a bang. Ally started her little jog and I quickly picked her up and ran across the parking lot into my dance studio.

When we came in Lauren was at reception desk smiling at us, her green eyes blazing into mine.

“You’re late,” she says overly sweet, then turns to smile down at my daughter “hello Allyson”  she says and Ally smiles up at her in return

“Dance now?” Ally asked looking up at Lauren

Lauren smiles back easily and “Go on sweetie.” She says giving her a wink

Ally looks up at me and sings “Byeee MommyBear!” she says and runs down the hallway and opens up the door to her dance class. I smile as I watch her go in.

Once she is gone Lauren looks at me with a smile “We’re going out tonight.”

I raise an eyebrow at her “No, we are not.”

“Yes, Normani, look I get it’s hard being a mom since Arin left, but come on. You haven’t been out with Ally in months.”

“I like being home” I say “and last time I checked my choices are my choices.”

She shakes her head “don’t go all defensive”

“I’m not.” I say

“We’ll talk more about this when you get back from teaching your class. I got Dinah Jane in there so they’ll be stretching.”