Chapter Four

The Cabello diner is something I past every single day and never bothered stepping inside, which I should have because I as soon as I entered the smell was heavenly; burgers, fries, milkshakes, and sweets, I took a deep breath and smiled. I looked around for Lauren, Dinah Jane, or Camila but no luck. So I looked around and pulled off my coat and started walking around the large dinner. I couldn’t  find them and I had actually dressed up putting on my favorite black skinny jeans and a red top that didn’t have any baby food stains on it, I brushed my hair and had decided to wear it down instead of my usual pulled back ponytail.

“Normani, over here” and I looked around to see Camila with her hand up waving at me in a booth. I smiled and headed over, Camila stood up and gave me a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck and I hugged her back, she smelled like cake and cookie dough.

“You look amazing,” She says and sits down; I sit down next to her. Dinah was on the other side with Lauren and Zayn, and a blonde boy I didn’t know and on my side of the booth there was a boy sitting down next to Camila with curls that danced around his head he had smoky green eyes, full lips and a beautiful smiled. I found myself smiling back.

“Okay, this is Niall, on this side,” Camila said pointing at the blonde boy. “And the beautiful boy next to you is Harry.”

“Hi,” I said to the boys who all smiled back and said there hellos.

I was surprised on how easily the conversation was picked up within all of us; we spoke about tattoos, art, music, culture and the reissuance man before even getting the food we ordered. But as time went on I started to notice things like how closely Camila was sitting next to Harry, or the way he would move a piece of hair from in front of her face, putting an arm around her shoulder and she would move even closer to him, leaning against his chest and smiling brightly up at him and the way he would kiss her forehead. I could tell Lauren and Zayn were both noticing me notice it as well. Lauren looked at me raising an eyebrow at me, then turned to get Harry’s attention.

“Hey Harry,” Lauren said her voice strong in everyone’s ear “Are you dating anyone?” I could see it in the way she was squinting her eyes and how she had one eyebrow raised, this wasn’t a real question, she was testing him and if he said the wrong thing she would take him down. It’s always been the way she handle things and I admired her so much for it.

“Well…” Harry begins he looks around the table “there is someone I want, but I’m not sure how she feels about me.” He gives a small smile his deep voice was rich and made me want to melt inside but it was also very obvious he was referring to Camila and now, I have had enough, I pulled out my phone and checked the time, sticking the last of my pasta in my mouth and swallowing it whole, then standing up.

“It’s pretty late guys, I better get going.” I say pulling on my coat and stepping out of the booth, “I had fun today, Lauren, Dinah. Call me later?” I asked looking at them.

“No problem, give Allyson a kiss for me.” 

I nodded and headed toward the door, I was about to push it open when I heard Camila call after me “Wait!” she said and she grabbed my hand, I looked back at her and tried to smile, but even I could tell it must have been a grimace. So I pushed the door again and made my way to my car, Camila hot on my heels.

“What’s making you leave so quickly? I thought we were having fun.” She asked then hopped so she was in front of me stopping so I couldn’t move anymore without running her over, which I could probably do but I deiced against it.

“You were having fun; you and Harry were having lots of fun.” I said and took a breath in the cold air; it puffed and turned white out of the air.