Chapter Fourteen

Tomorrow could not come fast enough; I called my friend Leigh-Anne again to cover for me at my dance studio and spent most of the morning with Dinah Jane obsessing over an outfit to wear when I go see Camila at the bakery.

“I never asked, are you and Harry still dating?”

Dinah sighed and leaned on my bed “Nah, he wasn’t worth all the trouble.”

“Trouble?”

“I mean, he’s cute, and cheeky but flaky. Anit nobody got time for that, I’m still young, you know? No need to settle down with a guy who I can’t be number for.”

I nod, and pull out a white dress, with gold and pink diamonds on the top that came with a white “What about this?” I say turning to show it Dinah Jane.

“Ooo. I like that girl, wear that.”   

I smile at my choice, then pull off my sweats and throw the dress over my head, pulling it down and strapping up the belt. I look at myself in the mirror thinking I look decent, I turn to Dinah.

“Well? What do you think?”

Dinah looks up from her phone “Oh Normani, that’s so nice on you, your legs look endless.”

I smile at my best friend “Thanks girl.” I say then move over to my own phone and I pull up my text messages.

Normani: Is it alright if I come by the bakery in a few?

I put my phone back down and look back at myself in the mirror “Do you think I should do my hair?”

“Yeah, how about you do you’re makeup and I do your hair?”

“Nice, team work. I’m totally down with that,” I say and we move over to my tiny bathroom, pulling my flat iron out of my top shelf so that Allyson couldn’t reach it.

I plug it in and sit on the bathtub looking at Dinah. “Is it wrong that I’m so worried?”  

Dinah shakes her head, as she puts her hand above the flat iron feeling it’s heat before starting on the side of my hair and also hands me my makeup bag. “It was you’re first fight, it wasn’t a huge one, but a huge step in your relationship, just think after this is over you’ll be back in that happy honeymoon phase, and everyone likes the honeymoon phase. Don’t put too much pressure on the whole situation , just let her say what you want to say and you do the same, it’ll all work out for the better.”

I nod my head and start putting on some eyeliner “And if she breaks up with me?”

“Then she wasn’t worth your love, Normani, you’re a great girl… and if you and her breakup… then date Liam.”

“What” I say “You know her seeing me with Liam was the reason we’re fighting in the first place, correct?”

“Yeah! But then it’ll also be like a smack in the face because she hurt you. And I know you like him, I can feel it in my bones, and think about it, he has a kid two, a kid that Allyson likes a lot and gets along with, he understands the issues of being a single father like you do being a single mother and you two will always get each other on a different level than Camila will understand.”

Her words sink in and I nod my head “You’re right on all counts, but right now my focus is Camila and even if I have feelings for Liam I won’t break something good that I have right now for something that isn’t even on my radar.”

Dinah smiles “Yeah, that works too, just make sure she doesn’t hurt you too much alright? I don’t want to see my best friend with another broken heart, you almost didn’t repair from the last one.”