Chapter Two

Camila ended up staying at my apartment for a few more hours before I had to go pick up Ally, she kissed me goodbye and gave me her number then headed off. When I picked up Ally she threw herself into my arms and hugged me tight.

“Missed you MommyBear”

I smiled and held her tighter “I missed you too AllyCat.”

We said our goodbyes to grandma and I locked Ally into her car seat and when we made it back to the apartment there was Lauren walking up to our door.

Ally screamed with excited and begged me to let her out of her car seat, when I did she ran at Lauren at full speed and threw herself into the arms of her godmother.

Lauren laughed her green eyes shining with joy as she hugged Ally back “You would think you haven’t seen me in a year.” She laughed and when Ally finally let her down she smiled up at her.

“Play?” she asked

Lauren smiled and nodded down at her “yes, let’s go play.” Lauren looked at me expectedly. I rolled my eyes and went to open the door and let them run in way before myself and once I made it in and locked my door they were already sitting on the floor and playing with legos. But Lauren looked up and gave me a huge smirk.

“So, Ms. Cabello stayed the night?”

“I’m not comfortable speaking of this in front of my daughter.” I say simply just because I don’t want to talk about it and my time with Camila.

But Lauren gave me a dark look in her green eyes “Come on, details.”

“It was fun, nothing too big.”

“That’s because there wasn’t a dick in there anywhere,”

I looked up “LAUREN language!” I snap at her, but she just gives me another smile and rolls her eyes “Nothing Ms. Allyson hasn’t heard before,”

“But now she is old enough to repeat it.”

Lauren responds by rolling her eyes again. “Will you see Camila again?”

I sigh and sit down on my sofa “Maybe, I got her number, so.”

“You better call her.” Lauren says

I snorted but did not respond.

“Seriously, I could see the look in her eyes. She really likes you.”

“We had one night, how much is supposed to come out of one night?”

“That could be your wife one of these days.”

I snort again.

“Just text her at least? Come on, she’ll get her feelings hurt if you don’t”

“We just had one night.”

“That can turn into love!” Lauren says raising her voice at me and Ally looks up at her

“No yell!” she yells

Lauren looks down and smiles at my daughter petting down her hair “Sorry sweetie.”

Allyson goes back to her legos.

“Do it sometime soon alright?”

“Whenever I have time I will call her or text her OK? But you know I always have my hands filled, with the studio, or my baby. So if I can’t make time don’t hate me forever for it.”

Lauren sighed “Alright.”

***

I ended up calling three days later when Ally was at pre-school and I had an hour to myself at home and had spent it cleaning up, but had gotten done early, there was no reason to not call her, and she had been on my mind a lot. The way her cheeks turned pink when she got over excited or insanely happy or just got caught up in her own thoughts, and the way she laughed.