Chapter Ten

An hour later, Camila and I were sitting on the sofa curled up watching some movie I didn’t know the name to when my phone rang.

“I’ll be right back” I say and get up and walk to my phone which I had left in the kitchen, I answer the call without even looking.

“Hello?” I say

“Hey, Normani Kordei?”

“Liam?”

“Yep. So you save my number and don’t do anything with it? That’s not very nice.”

I laugh “Sorry, Liam, I got caught up.”

“Doing what? Not thinking about me?”

“Something like that.”

“Well since I got you on the phone I will get straight to it, I want to ask you out on a date Ms. Kordei, will you please not put me to shame and say yes?”

I’m in disbelief, one of the main reasons I had given the man my number was to get make myself feel better with  Camila dancing with Harry, and now, Camila’s my girlfriend and I can’t do anything expect let him down easy.

“Ummmmm…. Actually I can’t, I’m in a relationship now.”

Liam’s sigh is loud and audible even through the phone “Well, damn, I should called sooner.”

I smile “I’m sorry Liam,”

“It’s alright, well either way, I want to hang out with you, even if on a friend level.”

“Really?”

“You seem really cool, Normani, yeah, I want to know you.”

“Well I want to know you too Liam- I actually don’t know your last name.”

“Payne.”

“Oh, well, Mr. Liam Payne, I would love to be your friend.”

“Good.”  It sounded like Liam was about to say more when a loud scream hit the my ears through the phone, I frown and move the phone back from my ear for a minute, I wait until it calms a little bit.

“Sorry, Lou just woke up.”

“Lou?”

“Yeah, um, I’m sorry but this is a too job hand, can I call you later?”

“Yeah, it’s no problem.”

We say our goodbyes and I head back into the living room and sit on the sofa, wrapping my arms around Camila’s mid-section, and stick my head in her hair.

“You alright?”

“Yeah, I’m good.”

“Who was it on the phone?”

I smile and kiss her neck softly “A new friend.”

Later that night Lauren, Zayn, decided to come back and Lauren had also decided on all of us having a sleepover.

“We never see you anymore! We’re either with Ally, or just you! Now it will be all four of us!” She said kissing my cheek and pulling out her sleeping bag, when I gave Zayn a fleeting glance he just shrugged and mouthed “go with it.” And so I did, Ally, who had been spending the day with her favorite aunt and uncle was running up to me and wrapping her arms around my leg.

“MommyBear!”

“Hey sweetie” I say, bending down and I grab her by her mid-section so she jumps up and puts her feet under her and I hold her tightly, she sticks her head in my hair and rubs her face in it.