Chapter Fifteenth

“AllyCat, please baby, we have to get going.” I said actually on my knees in front of my daughter begging her to get moving, the recital was tonight for all the kids and today was the day she decided she didn’t want to go anywhere and stay home.

“No, MommyBear! AllyCat stay home!” She says stomping her foot.

“But don’t you want to go dance? Huh? You love to dance.”

“No!”

I sighed and put my head in my hands “I need you to come with me Allyson. Please.” I ask her defeated.

Ally grabs at my hands and makes me look up at her; she gives me a smile and kisses my hands “No go MommyBear”

I felt like crying.

I was everyone dance teacher, I was supposed to be there before everyone else and at this point I would only be an half hour early, stress was taking over me and I felt like sobbing.

 “But don’t you want to see Louis? He will be dancing in the recital; I can even call him and see if he wants to come over early, want to do that?” 

At that Allyson perks up and smiles “Yeah! Louis!” She says and jumps at and down; I sighed and say “Let me give his daddy a call.” I say picking up Ally and sitting her down in her baby chair I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket and rang Liam.

“Hey Kordei,” he said as soon as he answered.

“Please, please, please tell me you have Louis right now.”

“I do have him, why what’s up? You sound stressed.”

I walk up into the kitchen making sure I can still see Ally but she can’t hear me “I am. Ally refusing to go to the dance recital until she sees Louis,”

“Well don’t worry you it doesn’t start for like another hour.”

“No, Li, I’m their choreographer, I have to be their early to rehearse the dances with everyone, and I can’t leave Ally home alone, and she won’t go, Liam I need to get there like, yesterday. I have already texted all of my older students saying I would be late but I really don’t want to have to call every single parent of the little kids saying ‘oh sorry, my daughter is throwing a fit is going to be late. These parents will hate me-”

“Kordei, shut up. I’m already in the car.”

Liam got to my house three minutes later and as soon as he put Louis down I threw myself into his arms, wrapping my hands around his neck. “Thank you for getting here so quickly Liam, it means a lot.”

Liam has an arm wrapped around my waist and one softly running through my hair “It’s no problem, Normani.” He says, when we pull apart he turns to our kids.

“So, who’s ready for a dance recital?”

Our kids jump up and down and yell out excitedly and Liam turns to me “Do you want to ride in the same car? You can move Ally’s car seat into my truck.

I nod “Yeah, awesome.”

We head outside and Liam holds both Louis and Ally in his arms while I get my daughter’s car seat out of my car and into his truck, it had to be about three feet off the ground with the huge tires it had on them, so when I landed safely on my feet I looked back up at the huge black truck and then at Liam.

“Why the heck is this truck so big?” I asked, taking Ally from him and making my way back to the truck and putting her inside her car seat.

When I get back out Liam just shrugs and then moves past me to put Louis into his car seat.